Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brian Hvarregaard 21 posts 61 karma points
    Apr 28, 2017 @ 14:31
    Brian Hvarregaard

Sql Server CE database. IO file error

Hi, I have a solution running on a webhotel at DanDomain. Now and then (periodic) i get an exception that my Umbraco cannot access the database file (CE) (the .sdf file). This seems to be a common error and not a Umbraco specific. The solution from the host is to run on SQL Server - because file databases "wont work" on a shared server.

Are there any of you guys out there that have a solution for this. I mean, can I do something in my Umbraco Solution? This is the only host where I have experienced this error. The website is small and they have like, 300 visitors per month. So the CE edition seems perfect for this.

Any pointers as to how to solve this is much appreciated (considering moving to another server host because of this)

• Alex Skrypnyk 6131 posts 23950 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    May 03, 2017 @ 15:55
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Brian

What exactly error do you have?

Is it hosting specific?

Thanks,

Alex

May 12, 2017 @ 10:57
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Brian

Did you solve your issue? Can I help you?

Alex

May 12, 2017 @ 21:29
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Brian

We recommend to migrate a database from SQL Server CE to MSSQL, it's faster and more reliable.

Thanks,

Alex

• Brian Hvarregaard 21 posts 61 karma points
    May 18, 2017 @ 12:43
    Brian Hvarregaard

Hi, Haven't resolved it - it is a small site only around 50 visitors per month. So there is no reason for why not to run on CE. Such a small site and the additional costs for a MSSQL is not a viable solution for this particular customer.

Besides the CE edition runs perfectly on many of my other sites (hosted with other providers)

May 18, 2017 @ 12:58
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Brian

1) You can use MSSQL Express that is free.

2) Add caching to your pages, make it work without a database at all. I would like to do this way. The easiest way to use caching - [OutputCache(Duration = 300)] attribute for UmbracoRenderController or Html.CachedPartial helper

Thanks,

Alex

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft