Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mathias Andreasen 43 posts 155 karma points
    Apr 26, 2017 @ 13:59
    Mathias Andreasen

Cannot create root level nodes anymore...

I have absolutely no idea what has occured, but right now I can't create any root level nodes, which I was able to do before.

I'm on the CONTENT section, clicking the 3 little dots next to Content in the treeview just opens the sorting dialog. A coworker told me that I should try to reset the "cache" by deleting the umbraco.config file.

This however did nothing to solve the problem, I've had alot of issues with Umbraco in the past, especially with caching. But this time I can't fix it on my own.

So I'm calling on the community to help me out!

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Apr 28, 2017 @ 07:05
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Mathias,

What version of Umbraco are you using ? Can you check if there is a document type that has Allow at root checked ? It's possible that some one changed the doctypes and now you can't create content under the root anymore

Dave

Apr 28, 2017 @ 07:09
    Mathias Andreasen

Im using version 7.3.1 and I've tried checking and unchecking the checkbox that allowes a document type to be created as the root node. It's highly unlikely that someone else part from myself has changed anything on the document types.

Still no effect, I've had similiar problems with Merchello (an eCommerce plugin for Umbraco), and by similiar I'm meaning that I've lost access to functions and features that has always worked. But in time the problems with Merchello sort of solved themselves.

Perhaps this will too...

Apr 28, 2017 @ 07:42
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Mathias,

Maybe it's a permission set wrong for the user ?

Dave

Apr 28, 2017 @ 07:59
    Mathias Andreasen

Just checked, it has full access to everything. I can create other pages, just not root nodes.

Apr 28, 2017 @ 08:02
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Mathias

Strange...what packages do you have installed ? Maybe one of those is interfering

Dave

May 05, 2017 @ 12:30
    Mathias Andreasen

The only package I have installed is Merchello (which I've had maaaaany problems with, allthough, unrelated to this).

You might say that I should try to remove merchello, but that is out of the question as the clients entire business is still somewhat dependent on merchello as we use it to store products (eCommerce site).

To be honest I've let this issue go, It was something that I wanted to try out and have multiple root notes - but I'm half a mind to just circumvent Umbraco all together regarding this. To me it seems easier to create an entire new website using ASP.NET MVC then to spend all this time troubleshooting.

Im bitter, yes

May 05, 2017 @ 12:40
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Mathias,

Does something show up in the Umbraco logs or browser console ?

Dave

May 05, 2017 @ 12:43
    Mathias Andreasen

I don't know/remember.

As I said, I've let this issue go.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft