Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom van Stiphout 4 posts 74 karma points
    Apr 26, 2017 @ 02:38
    Tom van Stiphout

How to split multilingual site into one site per language

Site has 3 languages. Now we are experiencing that some things must be different per language, and we want to split this in 3 sites, each having one language. Our developer has left the company and we only have basic skills. Can we pull this off? How?

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Apr 26, 2017 @ 07:56
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Tom welcome to our.

It´s very easy to create a multilingual site in Umbraco where you have each langue as a site.

On Umbraco TV we have a whole video chapter about how to set this up.

Try to have a look at https://umbraco.tv/videos/umbraco-v7/implementor/multi-lingual/creating-a-multi-lingual-site/

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Apr 26, 2017 @ 09:22
    Tom van Stiphout

You misunderstood my question. We already have a Multilanguage site (that's why I said "Site has 3 languages"). We want to split it into 3 single-language sites.

Apr 26, 2017 @ 09:35
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Tom,

Oh okay sorry for that. What I would do is to make a new installation, and the create a package with the document types templates and content, etc and the install it on the new installation as a package.

You can find some documentation on how to create a package here. http://code-desk.com/web-development/how-to-create-local-package-in-umbraco-7.html

Best,

-Dennis

Apr 26, 2017 @ 09:50
    Tom van Stiphout

Hi Dennis, If I do that, it would seem I would end up with 3 sites, each having 3 languages. I want to end up with 3 sites, each having 1 language.

Apr 26, 2017 @ 09:56
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Tom,

You can just choose only to pack one of the content tree for each package, and then you will only install the all meta data on each installation but only on langue, which are the one.

So in other words you can create 3 packages, where you includes the meta data in all the 3 packages, and the only includes the content for one of the languages.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Apr 26, 2017 @ 13:17
    Tom van Stiphout

That sounds very promising - we will try that. Thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft