Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ritesh 11 posts 91 karma points
    Apr 24, 2017 @ 14:05
    Ritesh

Restrict users from accessing media files using direct links

Hi All,

We have a restricted page which requires login/Authentication to access it. On this page we have links to media/pdf files which should be accessed only after authentication but if user has direct links to this files, he/she can access them directly without login.

I want to restrict some user groups from accessing some of media/pdf files without login/authentication.

I have searched on forum and not able to find any similar supporting functionality within Umbraco. There are some paid packages which provides similar functionality but I am looking for free resources.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Apr 24, 2017 @ 15:48
    Nik

Hi Ritesh,

Something that I looked at doing was replacing all media links with an alternative. This alternative passed through a custom controller that, if the user isn't authenticated, prevents access (redirect to a login or shows a "You' don't have access" message). Unfortunately, I don't have any readily accessible samples for it as it requires a few modifications at various points but that could be an option for you :-)

Thanks,

Nik

• Alan Falloon 14 posts 144 karma points
    Sep 06, 2018 @ 05:03
    Alan Falloon

And how can we do that exactaly?

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Sep 06, 2018 @ 07:52
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft