Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• erudit 13 posts 83 karma points
    Mar 22, 2017 @ 22:01
    erudit

No physical template file was found for template Home

Hello,

I have just managed to deploy my Umbraco site from Visual Studio to the hosting site, but I am getting an error below.

Any idea?

///////////////////////////////////// E R R O R ///////////////////////////////////////////

Server Error in '/' Application.

No physical template file was found for template Home

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Exception: No physical template file was found for template Home

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

enter image description here

However, it works fine on my local machine and I have checked the Templates in Umbraco back office and the Home template does exist there. So, the problem only occurs on the hosting site after deployment.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Mar 22, 2017 @ 22:45
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Erudit

Can you check please do you have this template on the server?

And if it's there check please access to views folder. Should be "Modify / Full control" permission on 'views' folder.

Thanks,

Alex

Mar 23, 2017 @ 07:00
    erudit

Hi Alex!

Thank you very much!

Yo are right, the template files (Home.cshtml and others) were missing in the Views folder on the hosting site.

Do you have any idea of why Visual Studio Publish (Web Deploy) tool did not deploy them to the hosting?

Or in other words, is there any place (Web.config or other file) where one can specify what to deploy to the hosting and what not to?

Now I can actually see my Umbraco page in my hosting site, BUT it is being shown without any pictures, fonts or styles, only text, see it below. Do you know why?

Mar 23, 2017 @ 12:49
    Alex Skrypnyk

It looks like media and style files are missing too, can you check please?

Mar 23, 2017 @ 20:53
    erudit

You are right, Alex! The folders Media and Css were missing. Now I have copied them to the hosting and it works fine. Finally :) Thank you very much!

Mar 23, 2017 @ 20:59
    Alex Skrypnyk

You are welcome, glad that you solved this issue!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft