Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• erudit 13 posts 83 karma points
    Mar 21, 2017 @ 15:17
    erudit

Publish (Web Deploy) from Visual Studio to the hosting site

Hello,

I am trying to publish (Web Deploy) my Umbraco project from Visual Studio to the hosting site in the Internet and after it is published, getting lots of different errors.

I am wondering whether there are some tricks I have to do before I select Publish in Visual Studio? Maybe I need to change some settings in Web.config file?

Here is what I am doing:

1) Right click on the VS project and select Publish

enter image description here

2) Enter my hosting details and press Publish button

3) After the Umbraco site has successfully been deployed to the hosting, it opens the site in the Internet and here the first error comes: "The directory App_Code i not allowed because the application is precompiled"

4) If I delete the AppCode directory from the hosting site and try to open the web site in the Internet again, then I get another error: "Access to the path 'C:\inetpub\vhosts..\AppData\TEMP\PluginCache\umbraco-plugins.WPL6.hash' is denied." . If I check the hosting site, the folder with the name \App_Data\ doesn't even exist. So, VS deployment did not copy it from the local machine to the hosting.

Can anyone explain why I am getting these errors after the pretty standard deployment of a newly installed Umbraco project and how to solve it?

Thank you in advance!

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Mar 21, 2017 @ 15:33
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Erudit

4) If I delete the AppCode directory from the hosting site and try to open the web site in the Internet again, then I get another error: "Access to the path 'C:\inetpub\vhosts..\AppData\TEMP\PluginCache\umbraco-plugins.WPL6.hash' is denied."

Check permissions of your folders please, should be like in documentation - https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/getting-started/setup/install/permissions

Thanks,

Alex

Mar 21, 2017 @ 15:36
    erudit

Hi Alex!

I have checked the folder ..\App_Data in the hosting site and it doesn't even exist there.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Mar 21, 2017 @ 15:38
    Alex Skrypnyk

It should be there, Umbraco uses App_Data folder for term data. Also please check permissions, should be possible to write for Umbraco.

Mar 21, 2017 @ 15:52
    erudit

The App_Data folder does exist on my local machine where Visual Studio is, but it was not deployed to the hosting site and that's probably why I am getting this error. The question is WHY it is not deployed there?

• Craig100 1136 posts 2523 karma points c-trib
    Mar 21, 2017 @ 17:22
    Craig100

I'm pretty sure there's a setting specifically for excluding App_Data in the publish settings. Might be worth a look.

Mar 22, 2017 @ 21:55
    erudit

I have solved it.

The error was due to the hosting provider did not allow to access and see the App_Data folder and had some other access restrictions. After I have contacted them, they granted the access and now I can see the folder and deploy to it.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft