Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andy Hsieh 6 posts 97 karma points
    Mar 06, 2017 @ 08:36
    Andy Hsieh

Missing Landing Page

Hi, I am new to Umbraco. I am trying to create a website by using Umbraco. However, when I click on the 3 dots on the right of Content Home, the only option that I can choose to create is Text Page. But the tutorial told me to create with the Landing Page. I am wondering that where can I turn on that landing page button, or is that something I have to create before I can use it?

Thanks for helping me!!

missing landing page

• Dennis Adolfi 1082 posts 6446 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Mar 06, 2017 @ 09:17
    Dennis Adolfi

Hi Andy.

Yes, you need to make sure that there is a doctype created of the type "Landing Page" first. Go to Settings > Document Types and look for a Document Type called "Landing Page".

If there are not Document Type avalible called Landing Page, create one by clicking the dots (or right clicking on "Document Types"), make sure you select the "Document Type" and not the one without a template.

enter image description here

Once you've made sure to create this Document Type, (or if you already had it) you need to allow the Home node to have children of the type "Landing Page". Under Settings > Document Types, select the Home doctype, and go to the tab Permissions and make sure to add the landing Page under the home. See example:

enter image description here

After this, you should be able to create a page of the type "Landing Page" under your Home node.

Best of luck to you!!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft