Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David Gregory 82 posts 208 karma points
    Feb 04, 2017 @ 12:33
    David Gregory

Hi

I am trying to install Umbraco 7.5.8 with a MySql db 5.5 but am getting the following error.

ERROR: The database configuration failed with the following message: Incorrect table definition; there can be only one TIMESTAMP column with CURRENT_TIMESTAMP in DEFAULT or ON UPDATE clause

Has anyone been able to get around this?

Thanks

• Marcio Goularte 374 posts 1346 karma points
    Feb 04, 2017 @ 21:15
    Marcio Goularte

Hi David,

Unfortunately umbraco is incompatible with MySQL in many situations. Your problem may be related to one I had:

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/56448-Installing-Umbraco-71-with-a-MySQLLinux-backend-db#comment-265053

• David Gregory 82 posts 208 karma points
    Feb 05, 2017 @ 17:58
    David Gregory

Thanks, but I'm not getting the erros about table name case I can't even install in the first place because of the CURRENT_TIMESTAMP error.

Umbraco docs say that MySql 5 or higher should work.

• Chaitanya Gadkari 27 posts 66 karma points
    Mar 04, 2017 @ 10:33
    Chaitanya Gadkari

I am also facing the same issue, 3 of umbraco tables have 2 timestamp columns with default value current timestamp, for e.g. umbracoAccess table have createDate and updateDate with default value current timestamp. it is not allowed in mysql 5.5

I changed createdDate column default value to '0000-00-00 00:00:00' to solve this issue. It still works on my local environment but when i deploy it on godaddy, site starts redirecting to /umbraco/authorizeupgrade and then login but login also do not work.

If someone successfully ran umbraco with mysql 5.5 it would be helpful as godaddy do not support mysql 5.6 as of now.

• Victor 25 posts 146 karma points
    Dec 15, 2017 @ 18:28
    Victor

Does anyone have an update on this? I'm having the same problem with Umbraco 7.7.7 and MySQL 5.1

• Marcio Goularte 374 posts 1346 karma points
    Dec 18, 2017 @ 18:54
    Marcio Goularte

Hello Victor, What is your problem? Is it related to the lower case of MySQL Server tables?

Here in Brazil I had problems with hosts that could not change this global configuration. My output will handle the Umbraco source code. As I have described here:

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/56448-Installing-Umbraco-71-with-a-MySQLLinux-backend-db#comment-265053

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft