Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ben Palmer 176 posts 842 karma points c-trib
    Jan 27, 2017 @ 10:34
    Ben Palmer

Child Application Error - This document is published but its url would collide with content (error)

Hi guys,

We have an umbraco site set up as a child application of another umbraco site. This all works fine and has been for similar setups in the past.

However, I've just upgraded to Umbraco 7.5.8 - and although the site still works as normal - I'm seeing the following error when viewing the Properties tab in the CMS:

This document is published but its url would collide with content (error)

This only happens since the upgrade (from 7.5.3) and locally (i.e. not set up as a child application) works fine. This affects all pages throughout the site, all pages work as normal and I can make changes, save and publish just fine.

I've done a bit of a search and only came up with the following thread:

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/extending-umbraco-and-using-the-api/81741-urlsegmentprovider-giving-this-document-is-published-but-its-url-would-collide-with-content-error

We don't have any custom url providers or anything similar in this project some I'm at a bit of a loss why this is happening.

Any ideas?

• Dennis Adolfi 1082 posts 6446 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Jan 27, 2017 @ 13:17
    Dennis Adolfi

Hi 0Neji.

Not sure if this would be a fix for you, but I´ll throw it out there:

To be able to reproduce your error, i changed the app-key umbracoHideTopLevelNodeFromPath to false in the web.config (not sure what this is by default).

I'm able to reproduce your error then by creating 2 homepages, and not assigning any culture to any of them. The first one I am able to save and publish, and it gets the URL: "/". But when I try to save the other site or any of its children, i get this error:

enter image description here

To be able to fix this, changed back the umbracoHideTopLevelNodeFromPath app-key settings to true:

<add key="umbracoHideTopLevelNodeFromPath" value="true" />

Also, in your /Config/umbracoSettings.config file, make sure to change the useDomainPrefixes to true.

<useDomainPrefixes>true</useDomainPrefixes>

Then after that, make sure you re-publish all nodes affected.

This fixes the issue for me. Maybe it works for you too.

Best of luck!

Jan 27, 2017 @ 13:33
    Ben Palmer

Thanks Dennis, appreciate the help. This however hasn't solved my issue I'm afraid. Looks like the default for umbracoHideTopLevelNodeFromPath is true (this is already set and I'm not aware of us changing it). Changing the settings seems to have no effect.

Also, just be clear - we've only got one homepage set up so really struggling to see where the conflict is coming from.

I had a look at the commit history around the files which produce the error (https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/commit/13ed3303f50c8ff9f226ace28823bec882b16b95#diff-aa11b0a0749167a1adba898cb659126cR78) - but not luck in figuring out what the cause is just yet.

I've also raised this on the Umbraco issue tracker as everything worked before so hopefully it's something simple in the update which has caused this: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-9442

• Dennis Adolfi 1082 posts 6446 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Jan 27, 2017 @ 13:36
    Dennis Adolfi

Ok, too bad it didn't work out.

Hopefully you will get the help you need on issues. Make sure to post the solution in this thread and closing it when you figure it out, so that it may help others.

Have a great weekend!

• George 12 posts 109 karma points
    Jan 29, 2017 @ 08:12
    George

I have the same problem. I upgrade from v 7.5.2 to 7.5.8, via nuget (VS 15).

Locally seems working, but in live server i cannot publish any page (root or child) with appropriate link.

Also when i use multiple domain binding in different root nodes i get the following error in front end: "the view found at '~/Views/Home.cshtml' was not created."
    and only the first domain applied to the sitepath working.

Log from App Data

2017-01-29 09:46:40,507 [P32584/D4/T47] INFO umbraco.content - Load Xml from file... 2017-01-29 09:46:40,522 [P32584/D4/T47] INFO umbraco.content - Loaded Xml from file. 2017-01-29 09:46:41,116 [P32584/D4/T47] INFO Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - Starting resolution types of Umbraco.Core.PropertyEditors.IParameterEditor 2017-01-29 09:46:41,132 [P32584/D4/T47] INFO Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - Completed resolution of types of Umbraco.Core.PropertyEditors.IParameterEditor, found 0 (took 17ms) 2017-01-29 09:46:41,850 [P32584/D4/T39] INFO Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - Starting resolution types of Umbraco.Web.HealthCheck.HealthCheck 2017-01-29 09:46:41,850 [P32584/D4/T39] INFO Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - Completed resolution of types of Umbraco.Web.HealthCheck.HealthCheck, found 0 (took 6ms) 2017-01-29 09:46:43,710 [P32584/D4/T47] ERROR Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase - An unhandled exception occurred System.InvalidOperationException: The view found at '~/Views/Home.cshtml' was not created. at System.Web.Mvc.BuildManagerCompiledView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer) at Umbraco.Core.Profiling.ProfilingView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer) at System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResult(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList1 filters, ActionResult actionResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass21.<>c__DisplayClass2b.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1c() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass21.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1e(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResult1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResultBase1.End() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeAction(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.<BeginExecuteCore>b__1d(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ExecuteCoreState innerState) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResultBase1.End() at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.<BeginExecute>b__15(IAsyncResult asyncResult, Controller controller) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResultBase1.End() at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.System.Web.Mvc.Async.IAsyncController.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ProcessRequestState innerState) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResultBase`1.End() at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) 2017-01-29 09:47:01,993 [P32584/D3/T11] INFO Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase - Application shutdown. Details: CodeDirChangeOrDirectoryRename

• George 12 posts 109 karma points
    Jan 29, 2017 @ 10:00
    George

I try to fix the problem. I have a live test installation, with the latest umb version from upgrade from 7.5.2 to 7.5.8.

I have 2 websites, binding on the same site path and the same Db.

1. Test1
    2. Test2

All have the appropriate permissions.

The root nodes marked with yellow, bind to "Test1" and the only one to the "Test2" -> Home Malta.

I navigate via ftp to the following folder: root/AppData and i delete all files in here.

Then i recycle the application pools of both websites.

I open the first url for the "Test1" I open the second ulr for the "Test2"

I got again the previous error with the view found at '~/Views/Home.cshtml' was not created." only for the "Test2".

The "Test1" working fine.

I can login to the admin page from both urls, and now i can create nodes(root or children successfully) from both bindings.

Now the only problem is that the multiple domain binding does not work...

Jan 30, 2017 @ 16:42
    Ben Palmer

Hi George,

Thanks for the info - deleting those App_Data files and recycling/restarting didn't do anything for me I'm afraid. Still had no luck tracking down this issue.

• James Jackson-South 489 posts 1747 karma points c-trib
    Feb 16, 2017 @ 05:18
    James Jackson-South

Can confirm that it's definitely related to culture.

I was able to replicate by moving a child page into the root.

With culture set to inherit I get a conflict. This is despite deleting the original root page.

Setting the culture allows the page to have a url.

Edit

Emptying the recycle bin is important here. For some reason the whatever mechanism is checking isn't taking deleted items into consideration.

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Feb 16, 2017 @ 08:26
    Dan Diplo

I've seen this issue arise after upgrading an older 7.3.x site to 7.5.9. The site in question was multi-lingual, so had multiple home nodes, with each having a different hostname/culture eg.

• GB
    • FR
    • DE
    • Shared Repo (no culture/hostname)

However, one of the root nodes ("Shared Repo") was used as a repository of shared content - this root node didn't have any culture/hostname associated with it, and it was nodes under this branch that now have the "collide URL" error since the upgrade. They were fine before - and I know for a fact that the URL's don't collide with any other pages, since the path of the URL is totally distinct. I have a copy of the site before the upgrade and the URL paths are fine and don't clash.

Luckily, these nodes are never accessed directly via URL - the content from them is "pulled in" to the other sites, so it's not a major issue for this site. But the fact that it occurs is worrying.

Note: I don't believe (in this case) the Recycle Bin plays any part in this, since it is empty.

I note there is an issue for this, so please contribute any info to that:

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-9442

• Emma Garland 41 posts 123 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Feb 28, 2017 @ 10:25
    Emma Garland

Agree with previous posts - culture triggers this issue for me in version 7.5.10, upgraded via nuget from 7.4.3.

I setup some preparatory domains for roughly testing some multilingual work, with the language culture set as inherit, and two new domains set to the relevant language (e.g. [url]/de to de, [url]/fr to fr-FR), and finally, I set en-US to the same default root domain.

This last act is what triggered the error throughout my application - removing this last setting - the en-US domain - meant things went back to normal.

This affected the Articulate blog install (which isn't under the home node), and our global section, again not under the root home node.

All times the published urls anywhere except Home said "This document is published but its url would collide with content (error)" except for the Home root nodes.

I'll add this to the issue tracker comments too for http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-9442.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft