Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• patrick 3 posts 73 karma points
    Jan 19, 2017 @ 18:24
    patrick

Recycle Bin not showing any deleted items

Umbraco v4.7.1 Assembly version 1.0.4281.20201 When I expand the Recycle Bin in content section, it says it's loading and the wheel spins for few seconds then lists the deleted item. But when I expand the recycle bin in the Media section, it loads for about a minute, and when it looks likes its done loading, nothing is listed. There are deleted items and when I click on empty recycle bin, it says there are over 600 items in it. I have also tried reload nodes and it just does the same thing (tries to load for a minute, loading text and the spinning wheel disappears and no deleted nodes are displayed). How do I fix this??

• Kevin Jump 2309 posts 14673 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Jan 19, 2017 @ 18:44
    Kevin Jump

Hi,

Unfortunately in umbraco 4, there where a number of little things that could mean your recycle bin (and empting of it) might go astray.

You can dig into the db and see what you can do to fix it - other people have posted some scripts to do that over here

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/api-questions/3550-Delete-items-in-Recycle-Bin

but to re-iterate the warnings on those threads - make sure you have everything backed up before you go poking around in the database of your site.

Jan 19, 2017 @ 18:52
    patrick

Hi Kevin, thanks for the reply. But the linked thread seems to be related to not being able to empty contents of the recycle bin whereas my issue is not being able to view the deleted notes in the recycle bin even though they are there.

Jan 19, 2017 @ 19:00
    Kevin Jump

Hi

yeah - sorry should have added a bit.

I have seen the recycle bin not load on a v4 site before now, and it's usually sql related (as is the delete issues in the thread)

the best thing to do is look in the db using the queries in teh thread (mainly look for the content with a parentId of -20, i think) - and then you will likely need to delete it - once you have cleaned out the rouge items, the bin should load again.

if you are looking to restore from a broken recycle bin, then i think (although, it's been a while since i have done anything like this on a v4) you need to change the parent of the thing you want to restore and it will move back into the tree.

Jan 19, 2017 @ 19:02
    Kevin Jump

you could also look at adding some indexes - to see if speeding up the queires helps (sometimes its a timeout in the db)

this thread has some details

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/core/general/3945-Content-Tree-not-loading#comment-49105

(it's for the whole content tree, but the index should still help)

try :

/* Create Custom Index to speed up tree loading */
    CREATE INDEX IX_contentid_versiondate ON cmscontentversion(CONTENTID, VERSIONDATE);

Jan 20, 2017 @ 15:48
    patrick

Thanks Kevin,

does the syntax you provided create custom index for the content tree and Media tree? I've tried this but it didn't help. I have no issues with the content tree, just the recycle bin in the media tree.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft