This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• jonny cundall 15 posts 157 karma points
    Jan 19, 2017 @ 09:45
    jonny cundall

content not visible on deployed site

Umbraco 7.5.4 site

deployed to azure web app using visual studio publish method

sqlce locally, azure sql on deployed site

on local machine, everything is fine. I publish to azure , can see the site, with no errors however no content items appear. On the admin pages, the content is there (so I have copied the data successfully), I can edit the content. I've tried publishing individual items and also the whole site, still nothing shows except for views where I've handcoded stuff in cshtmls - and any content they depend on is missing.

I guess that something is wrong with my deployment - probably some files which are needed are not deployed, or maybe I've deployed some files I shouldn't. I'm running out of things to try, the next thing I'll try is deploying by pure ftp.

If anyone can think of strategies to diagnose the problem , that woud be super helpful. Thanks!

here is the contents of the d:\home\site\wwwroot folder in case that helps

here is the contents of the d:\home\site\wwwroot folder

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Jan 20, 2017 @ 09:52
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Jonny,

Have you tried refreshnig the cache ?

Go to your content section in the backend and then on content right click and click "Republish entire site". This will recreate the xml cache.

Dave

Jan 20, 2017 @ 14:45
    jonny cundall

Thanks for your response Dave.

I have tried that (just tried it again to be sure) and it didn't change anything.

Jonny

Jan 20, 2017 @ 16:24
    jonny cundall

Could the front end site be looking at a different database that the admin pages? is that possible, if so how can I check? Or perhaps there is some part of the view rendering components that deals with content items which is misconfigured.

Jan 21, 2017 @ 11:33
    jonny cundall

well I've deployed the umbraco starter site using the same method, and got the same effect - markup coded in cshtml files shows, but no dynamic content. So that at least proves the problem is in the deployment method rather than in my site design.

• Michael Buchok 7 posts 96 karma points
    Jan 21, 2017 @ 11:42
    Michael Buchok

Hi Jonny,

Not sure if this applies, but I ran into an issue once where I renamed some document types, but the document type alias never changed and the content I was trying to display wouldn't show. Take a look at your document types and ensure you're targeting the correct alias, or delete and re-create your document types (assuming you only have test data at the moment and don't mind deleting content).

If this isn't the case, can you post some screenshots?

Thanks,

Jan 21, 2017 @ 16:44
    jonny cundall

here is what I have at the moment

http://artonthehill.azurewebsites.net/

this is the umbraco starter site, deployed. to my environment. Ignoring the css and media that are missing ( I know how to solve that), compared to the same site running locally the <div class="umb-grid"> is entirely missing from the page. so maybe I'm missing some view rendering files

Jan 21, 2017 @ 16:48
    Michael Buchok

Can you provide a screen capture of the view(s) in question showing how you're trying to get the views? Are they partial views, do they expect a specific document type? Are the pages using the correct template when you inspect the properties under the content tab?

Jan 21, 2017 @ 20:48
    jonny cundall

I think I've figured it out (touch wood).

I had not manually included in my project (and thus not deploying) Views/Partials/Grid/fanoe.cshtml. this file includes the <div class="umb-grid"> and I guess I was using some default template which is using this file, rather than the other grid templates in the same folder.

It's a tad disappointing that I didn't see any errors or logs that could have got me to this conclusion earlier.

This is such a relief! this issue has been ruining me all week.

Jan 21, 2017 @ 21:03
    Michael Buchok

lol, it's always the little oversights. Happy you solved your problem :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft