Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• ZNS 60 posts 198 karma points
    Jan 02, 2017 @ 15:28
    ZNS

Publish events on load balanced environments

Hi,

When using flexible load balancing are the Published and Unpublishing events on the ContentService triggered on all load balanced machines? If not is there any way to hook into the load balancing instructions?

• Jeavon Leopold 3072 posts 13628 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 03, 2017 @ 09:29
    Jeavon Leopold

No they will not be triggered, instead you will need to use Cache Events

e.g.

CacheRefresherBase<TInstanceType>.CacheUpdated

Jan 03, 2017 @ 10:32
    ZNS

Ok. If I use ServerRegistrarResolver to set master server. Will the ContentService events trigger on that machine?

Jan 03, 2017 @ 10:45
    Jeavon Leopold

No, ContentService events will occur only on the machine that served Umbraco.

Master/Slave roles do not have any influence over events.

Jan 03, 2017 @ 10:46
    ZNS

Ok. Good to know. Also, I'm hooking up to the Unpublishing event to clear a cache. I need to be able to fetch the URL for the unpublished node, is that possible using the cacherefresherbase?

Jan 03, 2017 @ 12:39
    Jeavon Leopold

Well you can hook into a page cache event and as unpublish will trigger this

e.g. CacheRefresherBase<PageCacheRefresher>.CacheUpdated += this.CachePageEvents_CacheUpdated;

Then you will need to check e.MessageType for either MessageType.RemoveByInstance or MessageType.RemoveById as an unpublish event is the same as a deletion (I don't think you can tell the difference)

But as the item will already be unpublished I don't think you will be able to fetch the Url.

I would suggest a creating a custom cache refresher which includes the URL of the item as the payload...

I have a sample custom cache refresher here

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft