Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lars-Erik Aabech 349 posts 1100 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Dec 20, 2016 @ 10:21
    Lars-Erik Aabech

Adding default parameters to embedded YouTube videos

We just tried a feature we've seldom used in Umbraco. When going with the embed grid editor (possibly also prop editor), a YouTube movie is embedded with width, height and the URL set.

However, we needed to add rel=0 to the querystring to avoid getting the "more like this" screen at the end of the video. Adding it to the URL while embedding did nothing. (It was stripped)

After digging around a bit in the code, we discovered the EmbeddedMedia.config file (only used Umbraco 6 years, can't know every file). Seemed to me that adding rel=0 as a key value to the youtube provider would have the provider add it to the final URL. But it didn't.

Is there any option to do this? We ended up just adding the HTML to an RTE, but would be really nice to just configure default YouTube behavior.

EmbeddedMedia.config seemed like such a good place to put it. :)

• Osman Coskun 164 posts 398 karma points
    Jan 11, 2017 @ 13:21
    Osman Coskun

I need to add rel=0 parameter to embedded Youtube video. Any progress?

• Laurence Gillian 600 posts 1219 karma points
    Jun 15, 2017 @ 08:17
    Laurence Gillian

How are other people adding the rel=0 onto the generated code?

Seems essentials as most customers don't want other brands videos being displayed on their sites! :-)

I'm going to have a play around with:

https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/blob/5397f2c53acbdeb0805e1fe39fda938f571d295a/src/Umbraco.Web/Media/EmbedProviders/OEmbedVideo.cs

And see if I can get support for the additional parameters.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft