Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Morten Kleveland 2 posts 72 karma points
    Dec 07, 2016 @ 09:23
    Morten Kleveland

Hi, I keep getting the following error message when trying to access any local Umbraco site (or the backoffice) on my computer:

Server Error in '/' Application.
    Input string was not in a correct format.

I use Windows 10 in Parallels from macOS Sierra, and have a slight suspicion that Parallels is guilty. I am interested to know if any of you use Parallels and in that case which OS you use and if you have taken any steps to get around this issue?

• Niels Hartvig 1951 posts 2391 karma points c-trib
    Dec 07, 2016 @ 13:08
    Niels Hartvig

I'm using Parallels 12 with El Capitan. Works a treat (both directly in Parallels and when accessing umbraco sites running on the VM from a OSX browser).

Dec 07, 2016 @ 13:09
    Niels Hartvig

You could probably find more detailed errors in the logs that you can find in /App_Data/Logs

Hope this helps!

/n

• Morten Kleveland 2 posts 72 karma points
    Dec 07, 2016 @ 17:41
    Morten Kleveland

Thanks, Niels - good to know that parallels works. Then it's more likely that there is something wrong at my end.

2016-12-07 18:34:46,275 [P6928/D4/T523] ERROR Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase - An unhandled exception occurred
    System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
       at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
       at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
       at umbraco.NodeFactory.Node.initialize()
       at umbraco.NodeFactory.Node..ctor(Int32 NodeId)
       at InfoCaster.Umbraco.UrlTracker.Modules.UrlTrackerModule.UrlTrackerDo(String callingEventName, Boolean ignoreHttpStatusCode)
       at InfoCaster.Umbraco.UrlTracker.Modules.UrlTrackerModule.context_AcquireRequestState(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

This snippet is taken from the log file. I don't really know what to make of this - do you know what it could be?

Dec 08, 2016 @ 07:42
    Niels Hartvig

Hi Morten!

Yup - that's an error related to the implementation of Umbraco (or actually a third party package called UrlTracker). So not related to your parallels setup.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft