Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• suzyb 474 posts 932 karma points
    Dec 02, 2016 @ 00:12
    suzyb

Member management system and Umbraco

I have no idea where to start researching member management systems so I thought I'd throw a quick question here in in case any of you talented people have worked with one before.

Has anyone worked with a member management system that they've integrated with an Umbraco site / membership.

We thought (and have developed) a website with a pretty basic members only section however it turns out the client wants this "system" to replace the existing database they're currently using to manage members (of which there are almost 5000 at the moment).

Has anyone every integrated an MMS with Umbraco before that could give some pointers?

• John Bergman 483 posts 1132 karma points
    May 18, 2017 @ 22:46
  • David Brendel 792 posts 2970 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    May 19, 2017 @ 08:50
    David Brendel

Hi suzyb,

what do you mean by member management system? Something like Identity Server?

If yes then maybe this is of interest for you: https://yuriburger.net/2017/04/26/login-to-umbraco-backoffice-using-identityserver4/

Regards David

• Frans de Jong 548 posts 1840 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    May 19, 2017 @ 09:06
    Frans de Jong

Hi David,

I think you made a typo in the link? It issn't working.

Frans

• David Brendel 792 posts 2970 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    May 19, 2017 @ 09:10
    David Brendel

Hi Frans,

seems like the domain isn't working any more. Not my website so maybe they bring it up again.

Sadly for myself haven't printed out the article. :(

Regards David

May 19, 2017 @ 09:11
    Frans de Jong

Always hate it when that happens...

May 19, 2017 @ 09:08
    Frans de Jong

I found this blogpost verry helpful for working with members in Umbraco

Siempresolutions blog about members

• suzyb 474 posts 932 karma points
    May 19, 2017 @ 15:15
    suzyb

Thanks for the replies all.

I actually had to google member management system to find out what it was. We'd given the client a basic members only section but they wanted a member management system that would manage everything to do with their members (events, communication, payments etc.).

We could have extended Umbraco to do all that but it isn't what Umbraco was specifically designed for so the client wanted another solution but without scrapping the site we'd already built. Hence my question.

We managed to come up with an interim solution and are now looking at integrating with Zoho, which is a CRM I believe. It has an API so hopefully it will be pretty straight forward.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft