Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Craig100 1136 posts 2523 karma points c-trib
    Oct 21, 2016 @ 14:27
    Craig100

Nuget upgrade 7.5.3 to 7.5.4 failed

I knew I shouldn't have upgraded late on a Friday!

Upgraded a working 7.5.3 site to 7.5.4 via Nuget. After building, ran site and got YSOD stating it couldn't load ModelsBuilder.

I then thought it was a good idea to upgrade to the latest ModelsBuilder, ModelsBuilder API and Umbraco Property Value Convertors also via Nuget. Now, after building, attempting to run YSOD's with Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Http, Version=5.2.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Any advice appreciated ('cept for never go live, or upgrade, on a Friday ;) )

• Craig100 1136 posts 2523 karma points c-trib
    Oct 21, 2016 @ 18:22
    Craig100

Rather disturbingly it turns out that during the Nuget part of the upgrade process (i.e. before comparing any config files) about 30 dlls were deleted from the /bin folder and not replaced.

The upgrade completed successfully once I'd done a compare on the web.config file with the new one from a zip download, and copied the contents of the new /bin folder over the old one to replace all missing dlls, (and deleting the App_Data/TEMP dir, but that goes without saying).

Might be worth someone just checking over the Nuget upgrade package maybe?

Cheers,

Craig

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft