Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Wendy Harrison 3 posts 73 karma points
    Sep 26, 2016 @ 18:30
    Wendy Harrison

Image will not display as thumbnail on home page

I'm super new to Umbraco and not a developer, so forgive my technical knowledge (or lack thereof).

We are having an issue where an image is in the media library and associated with a project, but the image will not appear on our home page as a thumbnail.

We've tried many fixes, including rebuilding the page and removing and re-uploading the media. The code is identical to the code on our dev site, where the image works perfectly.

Any suggestions?

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Sep 26, 2016 @ 19:29
    Nik

Hi Wendy,

Would it be possible for you to show the code that is trying to render the image on the page. Without out that it will be a bit tough to begin to help you with the issue.

Thanks,

Nik

Sep 27, 2016 @ 16:30
    Wendy Harrison

Here you go. Thanks!

enter image description here

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Sep 28, 2016 @ 08:41
    Nik

Hi Wendy,

When you examine the page that is generated have you checked what Url appears as the img source and if you can browse to it directly?

If you've migrated content between two environments it might be that indexes (as we mentioned before) have gotten confused and your SliderImages property is pointing to an index that no longer exists.

• Sotiris Filippidis 286 posts 1501 karma points
    Sep 27, 2016 @ 05:27
    Sotiris Filippidis

I agree with Nik - seeing the code that is trying to render the image on the page could hint us on what is going wrong.

For now, I can only speculate that you're not loading the image using an Umbraco method but instead you may be using its path directly (e.g. /media/1234/foo.jpg). If you are indeed doing that, the image on your new site (given that you have also deleted and re-uploaded it) might have a totally different path, since it is Umbraco which controls the path of the image.

Sep 27, 2016 @ 16:31
    Wendy Harrison

Thanks for the response. I posted the code in the first reply in this string.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft