Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brett Spencer 88 posts 259 karma points
    Sep 26, 2016 @ 17:24
    Brett Spencer

Is Umbraco using Angular2 yet?

There seems to be no information on the confirmation of the subject; just a few blogs (24 days in - for one) saying that it is coming. Looked in the release notes and didn't find it there either.

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Sep 26, 2016 @ 17:43
    Nik

Hi Brett,

According to a talk by Shannon at CodeGarden this year, Angular 2 support isn't in line for the foreseeable future.

It looks like we will be getting the latest 1.x Angular version but the reason for not getting Angular 2 is that it would be a major breaking change. It would also mean that all custom plugins for the back-office would have to be rewritten.

• Brett Spencer 88 posts 259 karma points
    Sep 26, 2016 @ 17:50
    Brett Spencer

I can relate to that.

Thanks, Nik, for the update.

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Sep 26, 2016 @ 18:36
    Nicholas Westby

the reason for not getting Angular 2 is that it would be a major breaking change

I wonder if they have considered this: https://angular.io/docs/ts/latest/guide/upgrade.html#upgrading-with-the-upgrade-adapter (see "Upgrading with The Upgrade Adapter")

Seems like you can essentially have both Angular 1 and Angular 2 in the same application. The page weight would be pretty hefty with both frameworks, but since this is just for the back office, I wouldn't think that would be an issue.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft