Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Boguslaw 1 post 71 karma points
    Sep 26, 2016 @ 12:21
    Boguslaw

App_Plugins path error on Azure Web Apps

Hi, Today our websites started to crash permanently one after another. We are hosting them on Azure as Web Apps.

The error message says: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'D:\home\site\wwwroot\App_Plugins[plugin name]'.

Different sites, different plugins, but the root cause seems to be the same.

Is someone experiencing something similar? Any ideas how to fix it?

Cheers, Bogus

• Anton 28 posts 116 karma points
    Sep 27, 2016 @ 06:48
    Anton

We also experienced the same issues and contacted Azure Support via Twitter. They suggested to create a forum thread - https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6b185de7-dcdd-4046-bec1-e617da7b5d21/azure-web-app-could-not-find-existent-path-or-file?forum=windowsazurewebsitespreview I think, that if you have not contacted Azure support still - you can subscribe to this forum thread. I will update it as soon as some more data will came in

Sep 27, 2016 @ 07:11
    Anton

As requested via Twitter - here is stacktrace:

[DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'D:\home\site\wwwroot\App_Plugins\AngularGoogleMaps'.]
       Umbraco.Core.Cache.HttpRuntimeCacheProvider.GetCacheItem(String cacheKey, Func`1 getCacheItem, Nullable`1 timeout, Boolean isSliding, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback removedCallback, CacheDependency dependency) +1056
       Umbraco.Core.Cache.HttpRuntimeCacheProvider.GetCacheItem(String cacheKey, Func`1 getCacheItem, Nullable`1 timeout, Boolean isSliding, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback removedCallback, String[] dependentFiles) +155
       Umbraco.Core.Cache.DeepCloneRuntimeCacheProvider.GetCacheItem(String cacheKey, Func`1 getCacheItem, Nullable`1 timeout, Boolean isSliding, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback removedCallback, String[] dependentFiles) +182
       Umbraco.Core.Manifest.ManifestBuilder.get_PropertyEditors() +356
       Umbraco.Core.PropertyEditors.<>c__DisplayClass8.<.ctor>b__6() +32
       System.Lazy`1.CreateValue() +244
       System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() +31
       System.Lazy`1.get_Value() +14069853
       Umbraco.Core.PropertyEditors.PropertyEditorResolver.GetByAlias(String alias) +74
       Umbraco.Core.PropertyEditors.ValueConverters.JsonValueConverter.IsConverter(PublishedPropertyType propertyType) +40
       System.Linq.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext() +176
       System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source) +153
       System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray(IEnumerable`1 source) +106
       Umbraco.Core.Models.PublishedContent.PublishedPropertyType.InitializeConverters() +238
       Umbraco.Core.Models.PublishedContent.PublishedContentType.<.ctor>b__0(PropertyType x) +45
       System.Linq.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext() +223
       System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source) +153
       System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray(IEnumerable`1 source) +106
       Umbraco.Core.Models.PublishedContent.PublishedContentType..ctor(IContentTypeComposition contentType) +290
       Umbraco.Core.Models.PublishedContent.PublishedContentType.CreatePublishedContentType(PublishedItemType itemType, String alias) +321
       Umbraco.Core.Cache.<>c__DisplayClass9`1.<GetCacheItem>b__8() +15
       System.Collections.Concurrent.ConcurrentDictionary`2.GetOrAdd(TKey key, Func`2 valueFactory) +84
       Umbraco.Core.Cache.CacheProviderExtensions.GetCacheItem(ICacheProvider provider, String cacheKey, Func`1 getCacheItem) +169
       Umbraco.Core.Models.PublishedContent.PublishedContentType.Get(PublishedItemType itemType, String alias) +354
       Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.XmlPublishedCache.XmlPublishedContent.Initialize() +2566
       Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.XmlPublishedCache.XmlPublishedContent..ctor(XmlNode xmlNode, Boolean isPreviewing) +155
       Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.XmlPublishedCache.PublishedContentCache.ConvertToDocument(XmlNode xmlNode, Boolean isPreviewing) +50
       Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.XmlPublishedCache.PublishedContentCache.DetermineIdByRoute(UmbracoContext umbracoContext, Boolean preview, String route, Boolean hideTopLevelNode) +280
       Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.XmlPublishedCache.PublishedContentCache.GetByRoute(UmbracoContext umbracoContext, Boolean preview, String route, Nullable`1 hideTopLevelNode) +257
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.ContentFinderByNiceUrl.FindContent(PublishedContentRequest docreq, String route) +261
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.ContentFinderByNiceUrl.TryFindContent(PublishedContentRequest docRequest) +244
       System.Linq.Enumerable.Any(IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate) +179
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequestEngine.FindPublishedContent() +542
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequestEngine.FindPublishedContentAndTemplate() +299
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequestEngine.PrepareRequest() +124
       Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.ProcessRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext) +452
       System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +142
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) 

• Dan 43 posts 72 karma points
    Sep 27, 2016 @ 07:46
    Dan

I noticed this yesterday too. It knocked my site down for hours and now I can't load any forms in the CMS.

Unable to load form: Could not find a part of the path 'D:\home\site\wwwroot\App_Plugins\UmbracoForms\Data\workflows'.

The folder does exist and so does the json.

Sep 27, 2016 @ 08:17
    Anton

@Dan, is it resolved now for you? Or you still experience a problem?

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Sep 27, 2016 @ 08:40
    Sebastiaan Janssen

I'm looking into this now, it seems clear that an update on Azure caused this to start failing. I'm trying to find the root cause of the failure so we can report back to Microsoft.

Sep 27, 2016 @ 08:45
    Anton

Support suggested me to set application settings:

Key: WEBSITE_DYNAMIC_CACHE (all capitals)

Value: 0

After that - I stopped and started web app, waited a little bit and content pops up to me.

• Barry Fogarty 493 posts 1129 karma points
    Sep 27, 2016 @ 09:34
    Barry Fogarty

I can report we have experienced this too - Azure support also recommended to add that app key which resolved the issue. It is occurring on the new Azure App Service version 58.1.8598.31. Last thing we heard from support was:

At this point we have very limited info on this but we’re investigating and we will let you know as soon as we something to report. For now, we know that this feature conflicts with using Local Cache – are you using this feature by any chance?

Sep 27, 2016 @ 09:43
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Ah, that's why I can't repro, I deployed a new app and got version 58.1.8598.17. In that version WEBSITE_DYNAMIC_CACHE is set to 0 by default.

Is the default for the 31 version then 1?

Sep 27, 2016 @ 10:54
    Barry Fogarty

Yep - I believe that is correct Seb - if you let me know how I can confirm I will do so.

Sep 27, 2016 @ 11:12
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Thanks Barry!

You kan have a look in Kudu. Change the url of your azurewebsites.net site from: mysite.azurewebsites.net to mysite.scm.azurewebsites.net and go to mysite.scm.azurewebsites.net/Env.cshtml - then search for WEBSITE_DYNAMIC_CACHE.

Sep 27, 2016 @ 11:20
    Barry Fogarty

Yep, confirmed. In the 'Environment Variables' setting we have WEBSITE_DYNAMIC_CACHE = 1.

I can PM you the other config info if useful, just let me know

Sep 27, 2016 @ 11:26
    Sebastiaan Janssen

No that's fine, thanks Barry. So they changed a configuration in not even a patch number but in a different build number (if we reason the version as meaning Major.Minor.Patch.Build). That seems a little dangerous.

Sep 27, 2016 @ 11:11
    Anton

I can also check it, Sebastiaan, to confirm. But I was not able to locate any version strings for web app version itself

Sep 27, 2016 @ 11:18
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Version is also in Kudu:

enter image description here

Sep 27, 2016 @ 12:22
    Anton

For me, one of the apps with kudu build version 58.50923.2428.0 was not failing and exposes WEBSITE_DYNAMIC_CACHE equal to 0

Sep 27, 2016 @ 13:04
    Sebastiaan Janssen

That's the Build of Kudu you're mentioning there, what does the second line say (Azure App Service)?

Sep 27, 2016 @ 13:08
    Anton

It says 58.1.8598.22

• Dan 43 posts 72 karma points
    Sep 27, 2016 @ 14:01
    Dan

Cool. Setting "WEBSITE DYNAMIC CACHE" works.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft