Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mark Klitgaard 5 posts 75 karma points
    Aug 23, 2016 @ 15:40
    Mark Klitgaard

Upgrading site using DAMP to umbraco 7.x.x

Hi,

We have a quite large site currently running umbraco 4.9.0 which I'm currently trying to upgrade to 7.4.3. I've already managed to get most of the site updated to v7, but I've now hit a wall with our nodes using the Digibiz AdvancedMediaPicker. I've been searching around and so far I've only been able to find the Imulus Pheonix Converter as a suggested tool for converting DAMP to the DMP in v7.

However, when I've upgraded the site to v7.0.0, I am unable to choose DMP as target datatype when attempting to use the Pheonix Converter.

So am I using it wrong or is there perhaps a better way to convert DAMP to a v7 compatible data type?

• Keith R Hubbard 175 posts 403 karma points
    Aug 23, 2016 @ 16:18
    Keith R Hubbard

change damp to the imagecropper

Aug 24, 2016 @ 06:54
    Mark Klitgaard

Thanks for the reply, but as far as I can tell, it loses data when I change the data type.

I have over a 1000 nodes that that are using DAMP, so manually going through them all is Plan Z.

Aug 29, 2016 @ 10:50
    Mark Klitgaard

I ended up writing a small console job that handled converting the dataNtext to JSON from XML and changed Umbraco.NoEdit to Umbraco.ImageCropper in the database, which seems to work.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft