Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Shahid Abdullah 6 posts 76 karma points
    Aug 23, 2016 @ 12:31
    Shahid Abdullah

We have a pretty big Web Application that is written in ASP.Net and a website that is in Umbraco but now client has asked us to move whole web app into Umbraco.

I am the only one in my team who has some little know how of Umbraco but I am not sure about client decision of moving whole web app would have any advantage as a whole or amount of time + training required to migrate this huge application worth time.

That + I want to know if someone has built a big web app into Umbraco and could go in detail what they have built and what advantage app had using Umbraco.

Please share your opinion + technical knowledge if it is possible so that I can decide and give my opinion to my team.

Thanks

• David Peck 687 posts 1863 karma points c-trib
    Aug 25, 2016 @ 11:15
    David Peck

You might want to check out this video. I didn't attend the session but it should be relevant.

This course might be relevant too.

I'd suggest the easiest thing might be to keep the two systems separate but you can add your application's content in to the website's CMS and fetch it using an UmbracoApiController. I guess I wonder why you'd bother. You could have an entirely separate Umbraco installation if they aren't sharing data.

There is no reason you can't integrate the two fully though.

• Lars Gyrup Brink Nielsen 6 posts 76 karma points
    Aug 26, 2016 @ 18:51
    Lars Gyrup Brink Nielsen

What kind of web app is it? What other technologies are used, and for what? Angular, Knockout, React, etc.? Is it ASP.NET MVC?

• Shahid Abdullah 6 posts 76 karma points
    Sep 07, 2016 @ 07:32
    Shahid Abdullah

Sorry for such late reply I was busy as client has decided to use Umbraco to add new content or translations for app.

We are basically using only MVC and lot of third party libraries.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft