Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sebastian Prem 5 posts 75 karma points
    Aug 18, 2016 @ 09:56
    Sebastian Prem

1und1 / 1and1 Hosting - Still Recommended?

Hello everybody.

I have a question about Hosting Umbraco on 1and1 Windows Host. Is it still recommended and can I host it there without any problems?

Because I tried hosting my site on another hoster already but it was simply impossible for me to get it working. Problem was that they didn't support the 'Integrated Pipeline' mode.

Thanks in advance.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6131 posts 23950 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Aug 18, 2016 @ 11:49
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Sebastian,

We hosted few our projects at Umbraco as a Service - no problems at all. Perfect solution if you have enought budget.

Read more - https://umbraco.com/cloud

Thanks,

Alex

• Sebastian Prem 5 posts 75 karma points
    Aug 18, 2016 @ 12:49
    Sebastian Prem

Hi,

thank you for your Reply, that is actually very interesting. But it is a pretty simple website and that is too expensive for the customer.

Do you have any other recommendations except the ones in the Umbraco documentation?

Especially in the Germany / Austria Region?

Thanks!

• Vaidas 22 posts 65 karma points
    Aug 18, 2016 @ 14:47
    Vaidas

Hey Sebastian,

I have a few sites hosted on SmarterASP.

They seem to be quite cheap and the service is ok'ish... I can see that the sites restart from time to time, but putting free cloudflare cdn on top solves the issue with downtimes.

At one point I had an issue where the whole thing went down for a few hours (their fault), but they fixed it.

Also the helpdesk is pretty good if something stops working. They usually reply in a timely manner.

• John Palmer 76 posts 201 karma points
    Aug 19, 2016 @ 04:06
    John Palmer

Hi Sebastian,

If you need Umbraco hosting, try hostforlife.eu. They support Umbraco. You can count on them. Just see their reviews:

Good luck and hope it helps!

• Paul Seal 524 posts 2889 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Aug 19, 2016 @ 16:06
    Paul Seal

I use eukhost for my sites. They are great, I've not had any outages and the VPS runs on SSD.

• John Seto 37 posts 98 karma points
    Jun 22, 2017 @ 13:06
    John Seto

Did you use 1and1 in the end?

• Martin Harran 16 posts 72 karma points
    Apr 07, 2018 @ 11:14
    Martin Harran

For anyone thinking about 1&1, I have just set up an Umbraco site with them, it is there UK site but I don’t think that should make any difference.

I was hesitant about using 1&1 because of problems I had with them some years ago but their current introductory offer of 99c per month for 12 months seemed worth a punt.

I like the resources included in their packages, especially the fact that they are right up to date with Windows Server 2016, ASP Net 4.7 and SQL Server 2017; I was looking at some other hosts and couldn’t get over the fact that some of them are still on Server 2008 and SQL Server 2012!

I developed my Umbraco solution locally using Visual Studio and instead of going through Visual Studio’s “Publish” retain which I always find cumbersome, I just FTP’d the project folder onto the 1&1server and it all worked fine.

You can have a look at the site if you want though it is very basic at the moment.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft