Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Terry Clancy 204 posts 944 karma points
    Jun 29, 2016 @ 07:16
    Terry Clancy

Working in VS Debug but after deployment Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.dll missing

Hi All,

My project runs OK in Visual Studio / Cassini, but with I use MS Deploy to deploy to a Local Windows Server 2012 IIS machine on the same subnet it fails to deploy Umbraco.ModelsBuilder to the bin folder on the target machine and I get the error below.

Any Ideas what is going on here ?

Thanks

Terry Clancy ClanceZ

Error from IE:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Configuration Error 
      Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Umbraco.ModelsBuilder' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error: 

Line 183:        <add assembly="System.Net.Http, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />
    Line 184:        <add assembly="System.Web.Http, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" />
    Line 185:        <add assembly="Umbraco.ModelsBuilder" />
    Line 186:        <add assembly="System.Collections, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />
    Line 187:        <add assembly="System.Collections.Concurrent, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />

Source File:  C:\inetpub\TeraTastic\web.config    Line:  185 

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'Umbraco.ModelsBuilder' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.6.1055.

• David Peck 687 posts 1863 karma points c-trib
    Jun 29, 2016 @ 07:25
    David Peck

Pure guess but if you're using the dll mode of the ModelBuilder then you have to version control the DLL and included it in your csproj - I suspect.

Another option would be to use LiveDll for the model builder, or my preference is to use neither and then use the Visual Studio Custom Tool to generate cs files which I can then compile the models in to my own DLL.

• Terry Clancy 204 posts 944 karma points
    Jun 29, 2016 @ 20:25
    Terry Clancy

David,

Thanks for your post. Sorry for my ignorance on this but I am not sure whaat the dll mode of the ModelBuilder is and how it differes from the iveDll approach. I am trying to use default Umbraco capabilities as much as possible to avoid complications.

However ...... I do think this is a deployment issue rather than a problem with the code or with ModelBuilder. I think this because when I manually copy Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.dll into the target server bin folder, that error goes away :-) but then another similar error appears :-( complaining about another missing DLL (System.Web.Http.dll). I believe these are just two of very many DLLs that MS Deploy / Web Deploy has failed to copy over. I think this because on the source (Visual Studio) machine the bin folder has 104 items in it, on the destination (Server) machine the bin folder has only 32 items in it.

So I do not think this is specifically related to ModelBuilder.

I guess one key question is how does MS Deploy / Web Deploy decide what items in the bin folder to copy across as part of the deployment?

Any further help resolving this would be appreciated.

Terry

• Gerrie Pretorius 4 posts 85 karma points
    Aug 25, 2016 @ 21:09
    Gerrie Pretorius

Hi Terry, did ou manage to solve the issue? i have the same problem, also working while in debug, I copied my complete project folder over to the server, and i still get the same error.

• David Peck 687 posts 1863 karma points c-trib
    Jul 01, 2016 @ 08:16
    David Peck

The ModelBuilder modes are documented here: https://github.com/zpqrtbnk/Zbu.ModelsBuilder/wiki/UsingTheModelsBuilder

It sounds then like it might be related to your references. The way we have this setup is using nuget so none of our dependencies are in source control. If you're no using nuget then you want to make sure you have checked in the required DLLs. Also, for each project reference you can set whether it is to be copied to local, in other words whether it should be placed in the bin folder because lots of the System libraries don't need to be (they're in the GAC).

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft