Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Niels Odgaard 14 posts 155 karma points
    Jun 28, 2016 @ 11:57
    Niels Odgaard

Confirmation box on Save and Publish

Is it possible to add a confirmation box with a custom message to the save and publish button?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 28, 2016 @ 16:29
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Niels

Yes, that should be possible achieve using the notification service, which you can learn more about here https://our.umbraco.org/apidocs/ui/#/api/umbraco.services.notificationsService

Then you should be able to add a "tweak.js" file or whatever you would like to call it in your solution as a App plugin where you can then use the notificationService to display a message when hitting save and publish for instance - You can learn more about that in Matt Brailsford article on the 24days.in/umbraco article from the annual advent calendar in 2015 here http://24days.in/umbraco/2015/umbraco-7-back-office-tweaks/

If you're new to AngularJs then you will also benefit from these links

Be aware that they're mostly about how to create property editors for Umbraco though - What you need as I understand your question is something that is globally available, which is what you'll learn about in Matt's article.

Hope this helps!

/Jan

• Bhavesh Valand 3 posts 73 karma points
    Apr 24, 2019 @ 15:59
    Bhavesh Valand

Hi Jan

How would i pass action response value to publishing event so i can run custom logic based on the action.

In my scenario, i have articles list view document type and a checkbox to enable comments. i would like to detect a change on the property and notify user if they would like to apply the change to all childrens. if yes selected then i will get all children and update that property and save and publish all of them.

Please advise ?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft