Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Saied 349 posts 674 karma points
    Jun 08, 2016 @ 14:48
    Saied

Lastest webgrease.dll (1.6+) doesn't work with Umbraco 7.3

Hi,

I installed WebOptimization package which included WebGrease. Initially it was 1.5 and I was getting this error:

Umbraco.Web.Models.DynamicPublishedContentList does not contain a definition for Any

I upgraded WebGrease to 1.6, but still got the same error.

Is there a resolutiont to this were I do not have to remove WebGrease? I think the WebOptimization is dependent on it.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 12, 2016 @ 08:07
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Saied

I don't think I know that package - Can you share a link?

Also would it perhaps be possible for you to not use this package but make use of the Client Dependency framework instead to handle minification of your css and javascript files if that is what you're using the other package for? Blake Smith has written a nice blogpost about how to use it here if that could be relevant for you http://letswritecode.net/articles/using-the-umbraco-client-dependency-framework-to-bundle-and-minify/

The advantage is that these options come right out of the Umbraco box since as you probably already know it's the same framework Umbraco is using for optimizing the backoffice assets :)

/Jan

• Saied 349 posts 674 karma points
    Jun 13, 2016 @ 13:39
    Saied

Hi Jan,

I will take a look at this. I always run into things about CDF, but I don't think I use it. Here is a nuget site for WebGrease: https://www.nuget.org/packages/WebGrease

It pretty much does what CDF does.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 13, 2016 @ 15:02
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Saied

I have not been using CDF that much myself personally because we have another setup at my company - But I'm just thinking it's maybe a bit much to use yet another minifying tool/extension when you get one out of the box already, which essentially does the same thing :)

But what kind of issues have you been having? I know that sometimes it's necessary to clear the backoffice cache in Umbraco due to CDF caching it pretty hard in various scenarios but I suppose it's not issues like that you have been dealing with or?

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft