Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mite Tashev 11 posts 81 karma points
    Jun 08, 2016 @ 13:57
    Mite Tashev

I'm hosting my site on asphostportal.com using their shared Host One package but my website is going down at random times of the day.

Currently there are only 2 test users on the site and the site is still showing 404 errors. When I talked to my host they told me that the site is making a IIS reset and that is why it goes down.

The site itself is not a big one, it only has around 6 pages and a shopping cart using Merchello with 1 product.

I was wondering if maybe I should move my hosting to cloud or something faster but wasn't sure what is the amount of RAM that I will need. Will 0.5 GB RAM be enough for the new hosting or should I look for at least 1 GB?

My Umbraco version is 7.4.0.

Thank you!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 12, 2016 @ 08:12
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mite

Bit of a longshot here - But from your description above I suspect you might be suffering from this issue - http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-6338

I experienced this on a small site too, which did not include a shop. So I think you should try to get in touch with your hosting company and find out if either KB3000850 or KB3007507 are installed on the server, which hosts your site.

If so then they need to do an upgrade since it's a bug in the server-software but as far as I know Microsoft has not yet made this a part of the automatic updates yet so it might has to be done manually. Not sure whether or not the hosting company will be able to update the server if you're on a server with other sites that can be affected be a quick reboot after the installation though.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft