Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Skyler Poston 1 post 71 karma points
    Apr 29, 2016 @ 16:39
    Skyler Poston

404 error on photos uploaded via Media Uploader.

I uploaded images via the Desktop Media Uploader and on the home page they display fine. On a sub page when I use the "insert/edit image" icon, it shows the image in the editor page, but when I publish the page it shows a broken image box and 404 message. I have re-sized the images multiple times with the same results.

showing image in editor

broken image when published

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 30, 2016 @ 06:33
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Skyler and welcome to our :)

Hmm...it's been a while since I have been working on a v4 site. But from what you describe I can't think of anything that should be wrong. Since you can see the image in the backoffice then the upload must have been successful.

Are you the developer of the site or are you an editor? I think this issue perhaps requires some more investigation that requires that you have access to the source code and system files so if you don't have that I think you'll need to get in touch with your developer of the site and have him/her/them have a look at it.

But I'm wondring if the image will display if you in the browser console try to manipulate the element to be /media/94875/inside_635x424.jpg - So basically try to remove the ~ characters and see if the image loads.

Also the referenced file name - is the name of that file "inside635x424.jpg" or is the last part (635x424) added to it when rendering? - Judging from your screendump it seems that the original image is called "inside.jpg" but it could might as well be another version of your uploaded image for all that I know :) - But if the original image name is uploaded as "inside.jpg" then something goes wrong when placing it inside the rich text editor and hitting save and publish where some resizing seems to be done.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft