Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andrea Aratari 3 posts 73 karma points
    Apr 29, 2016 @ 10:08
    Andrea Aratari

Deploy issue throws error 502.3

Hello everyone, I came on this forum because I need desperately some help to resolve one problem that I can't figure out from weeks.

I deployed a clean installation of Umbraco 7 into my hosting provider server and after the wizard built up the database, every other request throws error 502.3 bad gateway after like 15 minutes of pending request.

I tried to build the database both with compact edition and sql server, I tried to contact the hosting assistance to check for permissions and they told me what there full control all over the web site folders and the issue came up because the application can't open write.lock files in app_data\temp\folders.

How can I fix this lock? I simply uploaded a clean installation of Umbraco, I didn't modified anything.

Thank you for any help you can give me

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 29, 2016 @ 15:20
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Andrea and welcome to our :)

That sure is a weird issue - Can you provide a bit more information about your setup?

It would be nice to know

• What exact version of Umbraco 7 that you're using
    • What database are you using? Is it CE SQL, MSSQL or MySQL?
    • Who is the webhost?
    • How have you done the deploy from your local machine to the server? Has it been through FTP, or Webdeploy or?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

May 03, 2016 @ 21:20
    Andrea Aratari

Hello again, sorry if I answered after some days..

• I think it is Umbraco 7.3.1, I can't find the version in my project files.
    • I tried both SQLCE and MSSQL
    • The webhost is register.it
    • I used WebMatrix tool to publish from visual studio

I finally unlocked the situation by disabling ExamineIndexeer in the Config folders, these are my configs:

ExamineSettings

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <Examine RebuildOnAppStart="false">
        <ExamineIndexProviders>
            <providers>
            </providers>
        </ExamineIndexProviders>
        <ExamineSearchProviders defaultProvider="ExternalSearcher">
            <providers>
                <add name="ExternalSearcher" type="UmbracoExamine.UmbracoExamineSearcher, UmbracoExamine" enableDefaultEventHandler="false"/>
            </providers>
        </ExamineSearchProviders>
    </Examine>

ExamineIndex

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <ExamineLuceneIndexSets>
      <IndexSet SetName="ExternalIndexSet" IndexPath="~/App_Data/TEMP/ExamineIndexes/External/" />
    </ExamineLuceneIndexSets>

I don't know why this is happening, I deployed another web site running on Umbraco on another hosting provider and Examine didn't give me any problem.

For now, I'm running the website with these configurations because the website is small. If you suggest some fix I can give a try and see if it works

Thank you

May 04, 2016 @ 13:16
    Andrea Aratari

I here again because now I'm experiencing high response time from the server and I think that this is caused because I messed up with the Examine Indexes.

I also tried to deploy a pre-compiled version because I thought that the response time was caused because of the dynamic compilation of views but this doesn't helped very much.

Do you have any suggestion to solve my problem with the lucene indexes?

Thanks in advance

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 04, 2016 @ 21:16
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Andrea

I don't think it's Umbraco related - The issues you're describing sound very much like those I had when deploying a site to a live environment. Things were running smoothly on local and staging but on the live server it acted all up and responded slowly etc.

That site was deployed to a windows server 2012 I learned that unfortunately there is a bug in the server software, which affects Umbraco.

You can learn more about it in this issue - http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-6338

On the server you should see if you have either one of these patches mentioned below installed "If you have Windows Server 2012 R2 + IIS and either KB3000850 or KB3007507 installed, YOU ARE AFFECTED" - Quoted from the issue.

If you have one or both then you'll need to download and install the patch referenced in the issue - That should solve things.

I hope this helps!

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft