Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rajesh 4 posts 84 karma points
    Apr 29, 2016 @ 06:37
    Rajesh

Can not see published pages

I am configuring a website on Umbraco, this site was working fine except there was one run time error on one page. To check detailed description of error, I set this key and uploaded the web.config.

Now I can not see any pages at all, Umbraco says no content has been published and showing the welcome page it shows in the beginning.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 29, 2016 @ 06:58
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Rajesh and welcome to our :)

If possible then I think you should roll-back your web.config file to the state it was in before this issue happened after you uploaded another version with customErrors activated and then on the server go to the /App_Data/Logs file and look for anything marked with "ERROR" - That should provide you with the information you need to figure out why the error happens on that page.

If however this is not possible then it would help to know a bit more about your setup in order to advice you in the best possible way.

What is your setup like? Are you collaborating with other developers on the site using version control like git or mercurial?

If so can it be that you're perhaps missing the latest source code if one of your co-workers have been upgrading umbraco for instance? Or if someone for some reason did an upgrade of the live-site but not the local site?

If I understand what you're seeing correctly then it's probably the umbracoConfigurationStatus value that does not match the version from the database so Umbraco think it needs to run the upgrade script.

If possible it would be nice to see a screendump of what you're currently seeing.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Apr 29, 2016 @ 07:54
    Rajesh

Hi Jan

Thanks for quick reply.

I am seeing the default page of Umbraco CMS. Also tried by rolling back the web.config changes.

There is no other developer working on this site at the moment. Code was published yesterday, and there were no changes in the code thereafter. I was just configuring the contents and document types.

Site was working fine till today morning except for this one page.

What I am believing is that there was some error with the site before I updated web.config, but when I updated web.config, site was restarted.

How do I compare version in umbracoConfigurationStatus and database. I mean what table holds this value?

Here is the current screenshot.

enter image description here

Apr 29, 2016 @ 08:01
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Rajesh

Ok, I actually think you'll just need login to the umbraco backoffice by going to /umbraco and then publish the site again if any content nodes are present.

Does this help?

/Jan

Apr 29, 2016 @ 08:08
    Rajesh

Hi Jan

Thanks, this seems to be working with publishing again. Noticed this error in content properties. Does updating web.config file removes cache?

enter image description here

Apr 29, 2016 @ 08:55
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Rajesh

Not sure why that has happened but I don't think it's related to the change in the web.config - I think that what you have experienced would probably have happened at some other point when the application pool was recycled. I think that maybe the web.config change just triggered that recycle. Had you done it manually you would have seen the same behavior I guess.

I would just republish the entire site and then dig through the log file and see what it says if there are any "ERROR" messages in there.

What exact version of Umbraco 7 are you using? Perhaps you're experiencing some issues that might be related to a known bug for some reason.

/Jan

Apr 29, 2016 @ 09:01
    Rajesh

Hi Jan

I am using version 7.3.7 of Umbraco. I have confirmed the missing cache issue after publishing home page and updating web.config. document links disappear (properties tab) after updating web.config. For me, updating web.config is clearing the cache.

Now all pages have been republished and are opening up.

Thanks

Rajesh

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft