Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mac McDell 73 posts 148 karma points
    Apr 15, 2016 @ 17:37
    Mac McDell

upgrade error 7.3 to 7.4.x

New to umbraco. I ran an upgrade from SQL CE to a SQL Azure instance using the SQLCEToolbox and export db command. The command ran fine and said exported. I check the azure db and tables / data is present.

1. I spin up the site locally and got hit with an 'upgrade now' page.
    2. I hit the continue and hit an error immediately

The database failed to upgrade. ERROR: The database configuration failed with the following message: An explicit DROP INDEX is not allowed on index 'umbracoNode.IXumbracoNodeUniqueID'. It is being used for UNIQUE KEY constraint enforcement. Please check log file for additional information (can be found in '/AppData/Logs/UmbracoTraceLog.txt')

1. I check the trace log and its the same error along with a bunch of columns not in the current schema including things like databasefirewallrules, id, databasefirewallrules, name, databasefirewallrules, startipaddress, databasefirewallrules, endipaddress, databasefirewallrules, createdate, databasefirewallrules, modifydate, cmsPropertyData, dataDecimal, cmsPropertyTypeGroup, uniqueID, umbracoDeployChecksum, id, umbracoDeploy Checksum, entityType, umbracoDeployChecksum, entityGuid, umbracoDeployChecksum, entityPath, umbracoDeployChecksum, localChecksum, umbracoDeployChecksum, compositeChecksum, umbracoDeployDependency, sourceId, umbracoDeployDependency, targetId, umbracoDeployDependency, mode, umbracoServer, isMaster, cmsPropertyTypeGroup, parentGroupId...

If I just script out a drop/create on the UmbracoNodeUniqueID, will that solve the issue?

ALTER TABLE [dbo].[umbracoNode] DROP CONSTRAINT [IX_umbracoNodeUniqueID]
    GO

/****** Object:  Index [IX_umbracoNodeUniqueID]    Script Date: 4/15/2016 10:30:58 AM ******/
    ALTER TABLE [dbo].[umbracoNode] ADD  CONSTRAINT [IX_umbracoNodeUniqueID] UNIQUE NONCLUSTERED 
    (
        [uniqueID] ASC
    )WITH (PAD_INDEX = OFF, STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE = OFF, SORT_IN_TEMPDB = OFF, IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF, ONLINE = OFF, ALLOW_ROW_LOCKS = ON, ALLOW_PAGE_LOCKS = ON)
    GO

Apr 15, 2016 @ 17:44
    Mac McDell

Argh...

1. ran the drop
    2. Success
    3. Whoops... not really

YSOD - Invalid column name 'parentGroupId'.

I updated my web.config to the following:

<add name="umbracoDbDSN" connectionString="Server=AzureServer,1433;Database=editorials;User ID=username;Password=******; Encrypt=True;TrustServerCertificate=False;Connection Timeout=30;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

<system.data>
        <DbProviderFactories>
          <add name="SqlClient Data Provider" invariant="System.Data.SqlClient" description=".Net Framework Data Provider for SqlServer" type="System.Data.SqlClient.SqlClientFactory, System.Data, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" />
        </DbProviderFactories>
      </system.data>

Advice appreciated. (why do I do these things on Fridays... )

• Richard Hamilton 79 posts 169 karma points
    Dec 30, 2016 @ 14:12
    Richard Hamilton

Did you ever get a resolution to this - having the same problem now.

Dec 30, 2016 @ 15:19
    Mac McDell

I honestly don't remember. If I had to guess I probably just created the column. Sorry. It has been a long time. Why not upgrade to. 7.5.6?

• Lester 1 post 71 karma points notactivated
    Mar 28, 2017 @ 10:27
    Lester

I had this issue and ran the following script against a backup database I had before upgrading to umbraco 7.5.11.

SELECT t.name AS tablename, SCHEMANAME(schemaid) AS schemaname, c.name AS columnname FROM sys.tables AS t INNER JOIN sys.columns c ON t.OBJECTID = c.OBJECTID WHERE c.name LIKE '%parentGroupId%' ORDER BY schemaname, table_name;

This gave me: cmsPropertyTypeGroup dbo parentGroupId

I then opened the cmsPropertyTypeGroup table in the designer and added the missing column: parentGroupId int Allow Nulls is checked

Now working as expected.. I hope!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft