Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom Maton 387 posts 660 karma points
    Jan 15, 2016 @ 08:59
    Tom Maton

Error when entering new location into Courier 2

Hi all,

I've just recently install courier and when I get asked to a location after installation I get this error when I submit.

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: key at System.Web.Caching.CacheKey..ctor(String key, Boolean isPublic) at System.Web.Caching.CacheEntry..ctor(String key, Object value, CacheDependency dependency, CacheItemRemovedCallback onRemovedHandler, DateTime utcAbsoluteExpiration, TimeSpan slidingExpiration, CacheItemPriority priority, Boolean isPublic) at System.Web.Caching.CacheInternal.DoInsert(Boolean isPublic, String key, Object value, CacheDependency dependencies, DateTime utcAbsoluteExpiration, TimeSpan slidingExpiration, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback onRemoveCallback, Boolean replace) at System.Web.Caching.Cache.Insert(String key, Object value, CacheDependency dependencies) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Configuration.SettingsManager.EnsureSettingsDocument() at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Usercontrols.Installer.addLocation(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Its saying I've a null value but I've entered a domain name into the provided textbox.

Thanks, Tom

• Claus Jensen 49 posts 157 karma points hq
    Jan 15, 2016 @ 13:22
    Claus Jensen

Hi Tom,

I've fixed this issue in the next upcoming release of Courier.

The exception happens when executing a configuration reload, after all the logic for updating the actual Courier configuration files is done with its work. Your configuration files have been written correctly to disk and your Courier installation was finished correctly even though you see this error - nothing to worry about :)

You may see that the configuration file is "locked" by the process after seeing this exception (this lock is taken after the file has been written the first time) - if that happens the lock can be released by just refreshing your application pool.

I've logged an issue for this on the Courier tracker here: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/COU-269

Best regards, Claus

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft