Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nathan Skidmore 63 posts 251 karma points c-trib
    Dec 16, 2015 @ 15:23
    Nathan Skidmore

Courier - Moving multiple content nodes

Hi,

I am using Umbraco 7.2.0 and Courier 2.51.4 and am having a problem moving a large number of nodes. We have nearly 1000 nodes that sit beneath one node, therefore I either have to deploy the nodes one at a time or I can choose the parent node and deploy all child nodes in one hit. The problem is that when I try to deploy them in one go it fails, probably due to the excessive number of nodes.

Upon checking the CourierTrace log the backend of the processing (the PackagingTask) takes about 1 hour to complete. The issue I have is that once complete, the front end screen hangs and the deploy button never appears. It shows an animated gif (clock) next to the title 'Documents' and nothing else happens.

Inspecting the page shows a javascript error occurred: datetimepicker is not a function. I don't know if this is why it failed or if something else occurred. Note that the session was not timed out as I was actively refreshing the session in another browser tab.

Has anyone else had issues deploying a large number of nodes?

Is there a way I can select only a subset of the nodes to reduce the size of the deployment and hopefully get around this issue? I don't want to have to deploy each node one by one as that will take forever and probably melt my brain. I know that I can group nodes into folders by moving them, but again the move tool is a one node at a time function, therefore it's still a nightmare task.

Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Nathan

• Nathan Skidmore 63 posts 251 karma points c-trib
    Dec 17, 2015 @ 12:49
    Nathan Skidmore

OK I have tried this again and the issue is still occurring. After around one hour of processing (which the courier log identifies as complete) the following screen appears and hangs indefinitely.

enter image description here

Upon load of this screen the browser produces the following warning and two errors:

1. Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check http://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.
    2. POST http://xxxxxx.local/umbraco/plugins/courier/dialogs/CommitItem.aspx/GetProviderItems 500 (Internal Server Error)
    3. Uncaught Error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: {"Mess

Any advice would be appreciated.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft