Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Saied 349 posts 674 karma points
    Nov 19, 2015 @ 13:07
    Saied

Courier installation - setup between localhost, stage, and live

I have 3 servers (local, stage, and live).

I bought the express license and I have umbraco courier installed on my localhost machine and on my stage machine. When it asked me to add a location, for the localhost, I the location “stage.sctflash.com” and when I installed it on the server running stage.sctflash.com, I put the location “localhost”. Once I get my live server up, I will use that as my location for my “production server”.

A few questions:

1. Is courier 2-way, meaning can I go from localhost to stage and stage to local or from live to local, etc?
    2. Does my local dev have to be public, meaning does stage have to be able to see it or have access in order to use courier between them? Right now, I am it is on my standard localhost machine for asp.net development.
    3. I tried to transfer from localhost to stage, but it said I was running in Trial Mode.
    4. If I try from stage to localhost, it doesn’t say trial, but doesn’t do anything, and I wonder if I it is because it just can’t see it or if it is a license error?

Thanks, Saied

• Adilson 4 posts 75 karma points
    Apr 07, 2016 @ 16:55
    Adilson

Hello guys!

1. I could test courier two ways on between two sites on localhost. But I'm having a error on live environment: the request failed with HTTP status 403: Forbidden. The company I'm working for have a commercial version.

Sounds like we need a official answer for your questions!

Regards, Adilson

• Zolomon 8 posts 38 karma points
    Apr 27, 2016 @ 12:05
    Zolomon

Hi!

I'm also interested in an answer for this kind of setup, however I have a paid license containing the relevant domains.

I have a development area on localhost, a staging area on a separate domain, and a public area on a second domain.

What are the necessary steps to get two-way communication between the localhost and staging areas?

Cheers, Zolomon

• René 327 posts 852 karma points
    May 13, 2016 @ 10:20
    René

Hi

Did you find any solution for this.

I have the same setup local, stage, and live.

I´m only able to tranfer from local to stage and local to live

If i try to tranfer from

stage to live = error live to stage = error

René

• Saied 349 posts 674 karma points
    May 13, 2016 @ 17:31
    Saied

Hi,

I eventually had to contact Umbraco support to get this resolved. They sent me a new license to put in my bin folder and then I restarted my app pool and it was working. Currently, I go from local to stage to live.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft