Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Danielle Mascher 2 posts 72 karma points
    Aug 17, 2015 @ 13:11
    Danielle Mascher

Can't load locations

I've installed and set up Courier on both my live and staging sites but cannot get the locations to load. When I select 'Locations' in the left hand menu, nothing is listed and the following error is shown in the right hand window

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Error details

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Repository.loadSettings(XmlNode settingsXml) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Storage.RepositoryStorage.GetAll() at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Pages.ViewRepositories.OnInit(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Any suggestions as to why this is happening?

• Paul Sterling 718 posts 1534 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Aug 18, 2015 @ 18:07
    Paul Sterling

@Danielle

Likely it's due to licensing. Make sure you have the Full Courier license configured for both location's hostnames and that it exists in both sites.

• Mark Bowser 273 posts 860 karma points c-trib
    Aug 24, 2015 @ 21:44
    Mark Bowser

Definitely check and double check the license, but I had this same error today, and it turned out not to be a licensing issue. Instead, it was exactly what it seemed. I had errors in my courier.config file.

This is what I had:

<repository>
        <url>http://dest.mywebsite</url>;
        <user>0</user>
    </repository>

This is what I needed:

<repository name="Dest" alias="dest" type="CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider" visible="true">
        <url>http://dest.mywebsite</url>;
        <user>0</user>
    </repository>

I had quickly thrown this into my config folder and forgotten the name, alias, type, and visible attributes. If you are having problems and the license isn't helping, try comparing your courier.config file to the default courier.config file to make sure you haven't missed anything.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft