Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Richard Edwards 21 posts 76 karma points
    May 13, 2015 @ 20:54
    Richard Edwards

Umbraco 7.2.5 and Courier 2.5

I'm having problems with Courier since updating Umbraco to 7.2.5 and Courier to 2.5.

It was working ok with 7.2.5 and Courier 2.11

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Courier

When I click on a location I get 

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. 
    at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Pages.editRepository.OnInit(EventArgs e) 
    at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) 
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Oddly Courier still works to transfer content from the right click.  The error only happens when I click on a location.

• Paul Sterling 718 posts 1534 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    May 13, 2015 @ 22:03
    Paul Sterling

@Richard

Once you have it working with 2.11.2.v7 you should use the hotfix to update the Courier files to 2.50.1.v7 https://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/umbraco-courier-2

May 13, 2015 @ 22:40
    Richard Edwards

Thanks Paul.  

I had tried the hotfix first and that's when the error showed up.  I then tried an uninstall (including manually removing any left over dlls) and reinstall but got the same error.  What's odd is that Courier works perfectly when right clicking nodes.

May 13, 2015 @ 22:44
    Paul Sterling

@Richard

Do you have locations defined in your courier.config file and do these location have the same version of courier installed?  If not, you'll need to add at least one valid location first, then the locations tree should load correctly.

May 13, 2015 @ 22:48
    Richard Edwards

Yes, there are locations defined and the same version of Courier installed on each location.

If I right click on a node everything works perfectly - so I know the locations are defined and correct.  The error only happens if I click on locations while in the Courier dashboard.

May 14, 2015 @ 00:12
    Paul Sterling

@Richard

Is the error consistent across all your instances?  And it displays when you expand the locations tree or when you click on one of the locations?  Has anything else changed - i.e. adding a license file where is was previously a trial?

If no love there can you send us the courier trace log via your umbraco.com account support section?

May 18, 2015 @ 15:33
    Richard Edwards

It happens when clicking on a location.  Nothing else has changed, including the license file.

The courier trace log show nothing but something like

DEBUG Umbraco.Courier.Core.EventManager - [Thread 37] Unloading (count: 0)

for every time we click on the location

May 21, 2015 @ 01:20
    Paul Sterling

@Richard

I've tried everything I can in our test environments and can't repro this.  Would it be possible to provide us your sites so we can try to repro with those.  Contact us on support from your umbraco.com profile with details.  Thanks

• Matt Lawrence 5 posts 127 karma points
    Sep 07, 2015 @ 11:46
    Matt Lawrence

I encountered exactly the same thing recently; clicking on a location would display the above error but right-click deploy was functioning as intended.

In my case it appeared to be related to the use of a capital letter in the repository alias property in the courier.config file e.g.:

<repository name="Test Repo" alias="Testing" type="CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider" visible="true">
      <url>http://test.domain.com</url>;
      <user>0</user>
    </repository>

Simply changing the capital letter in "Testing" to lower case fixed the error when clicking on the location...

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Sep 09, 2015 @ 12:12
    Per Ploug

Hi Matt

Thanks for discovering this! , we're patching Courier for this, and will be in the next release

/Per

Sep 09, 2015 @ 13:55
    Richard Edwards

Thanks Matt. This fixed it for me.

• Mauricio 22 posts 86 karma points
    Oct 12, 2015 @ 09:50
    Mauricio

Hi Richard! I am trying to upgrade a site in umbraco 6.1.4 to umbraco 7.3. I see you did it before. Could you give me some guidelines to do this in my site? I would like to know the things you had to do in your upgrading.

Thank you :)

Oct 12, 2015 @ 19:42
    Richard Edwards

Sorry Mauricio, I've never done an upgrade from 6 to 7. There's pretty detailed version specific info here - https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Upgrading/version-specific

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft