Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Craig Cronin 304 posts 503 karma points
    May 13, 2015 @ 09:49
    Craig Cronin

Problems with Courier behind our proxy server.

I need to be able to add proxy settings (including username, password and domain) for courier but having problems.  Currently I'm getting

System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 407: Proxy Authentication Required ( The ISA Server requires authorization to fulfill the request. Access to the Web Proxy service is denied. ). 
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) 
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) 
    at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.WebServiceProvider.RepositoryWebservice.GetAvailableRevisions(String username, String password) 
    at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.GetAvailableRevisions() 
    at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Pages.editRepository.OnInit(EventArgs e) 
    at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) 
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoin

• Paul Sterling 718 posts 1534 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    May 13, 2015 @ 22:05
    Paul Sterling

@craig

There's no way for Courier to pass the auth header to your proxy server on the way to the target instance unfortunately - hence the 407 error.  One way I've seen folks work around this is to add a rule to the proxy that allows traffic between the instnaces running Courier.

• Craig Cronin 304 posts 503 karma points
    May 13, 2015 @ 22:20
    Craig Cronin

Thanks for getting back to me Paul.

I managed to get our network team to do exactly what you have just suggested and its worked so far.  I do have another problem, but we do have support as well.

I'm going to give it another go tomorrow before logging a support call.

Craig

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft