Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Garpur Dagsson 29 posts 164 karma points
    Feb 24, 2015 @ 11:20
    Garpur Dagsson

Courier not updating document type

Hi,

Umbraco 7.2.1, Courier 2.11

We have 2 sites dev and staging and are trying to use courier to deploy dev to staging,

the problem is that only some of the changes get deployed, most notably (to use at least) changes to documentTypes and documentType hierarchy are not deployed.

Basically we had :

master1DocType-doctypeX

and

master2DocType-doctypeY

on dev now we have

master1DocType-doctypeX

master1DocType-doctypeY

but those changes are not reflected on stage :(

also changes to doctypeY don't propagate over.

garpur

• Paul Sterling 718 posts 1534 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Feb 24, 2015 @ 22:19
    Paul Sterling

@Garpur 

Could you add some detail, repro steps, exact versions, and any errors from the logs that correspond.  I can't tell from your post what the actual issue is - thanks.

Feb 25, 2015 @ 11:45
    Garpur Dagsson
    • package everything from dev
    • go to stage
    • transfer from dev
    • if I select the revision I get no changes
    • therefore do "direct deploy" select overwrite items, dependencies, resources
    • get error (1) in browser
    • the exctration still completes
    • there are no "ERROR" lines in the courier trace log

The documentType is still not the same on stage and dev.

I am running umbraco 7.2.1 and  Umbraco Courier for Umbraco 7 version 2.11 on both sites (if this is not specific enough, can you then tell me where I can see more detailed version information)

I am wondering, can I remove the document type that is giving me the problems on stage and will it then get recreated on transfer/install ?

That would be a good enough workaround for now :)

Error 1:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'Umbraco.Courier.UI.Pages.status'.

Source Error: 

Line 1:  <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="status.aspx.cs" Inherits="Umbraco.Courier.UI.Pages.status"   MasterPageFile="../MasterPages/CourierPage.Master"   %>

Line 2:  <%@ Register Namespace="umbraco.uicontrols" Assembly="controls" TagPrefix="umb" %>

Line 3:  

Source File: /umbraco/plugins/courier/pages/status.aspx    Line: 1 

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.34212

Feb 25, 2015 @ 23:35
    Paul Sterling

@Garpur 

Hmm...I can't get it to fail.  Are you, perhaps, using a property editor for a data type that doesn't have an associated data resolver?  Like Archetype?  If not, could you open a support ticket (support.umbraco.com) and send us the doc type?

Thanks

Feb 26, 2015 @ 15:07
    Garpur Dagsson

@Paul

I think I know what the problem is,

it does not seem to be a Courier problem but rather an Umbraco problem,

when doing "export document type" for one of my types I don't get the "master" line that should be there.

eg.

Master

SubMaster

DocType

When exporting SubMaster I get no "master" line

but when exporting DocType I get "<Master>SubMaster</Master>"

This of course means that the structure is wrong when it has been transfered.

Is there any way for me to manually fix this, because on the dev server it is displayed nested :(

(I am not afraid to hack the db if needed :p)

cheers,

garpur

Feb 26, 2015 @ 23:06
    Paul Sterling

@Garpur

So the submaster's doesn't have any master template set after deployment?  When you deploy are you making sure to allow Courier to detect and deploy dependencies?  You'll need that in order for Courier to correctly deploy the doc type and any master or inherited doc types.

Feb 26, 2015 @ 23:52
    Garpur Dagsson

@Paul,

Yes :)

I get this missing line also when I manually go and "export document type", no Courier involved there => most likely not a Courier problem :)

cheers,

Garpur

• adrian 8 posts 39 karma points
    Mar 31, 2015 @ 09:56
    adrian

A few similar threads exists with the same problem, but courier and umbraco team ignore this bug. I have paid version of courier what can't be used as normal. I lost my old enthusiasm for umbraco+courier, and I can't restore its basic functionality for my client environments. :(

Adrian

Mar 31, 2015 @ 18:51
    Paul Sterling

@Adrian 

At this point we are not able to repro and, even following the detailed steps provided in this thread, we can't repro.  Could you review the above posts and verify your steps are the same/different then provide us with any additional information that might help us isolate the issue.

• adrian 8 posts 39 karma points
    Mar 31, 2015 @ 20:29
    adrian

Hi Paul.

Steps: ----setup—-

1 Download latest version of umbraco 7.

2 Setup with MSSQL database and "Txt Starter Kit"

3 Anchor new created site on IIS

4 Copy content of new created page to different location

5 Clone new created DB

6 Setup new IIS page with copied umbraco files and cloned DB

7 Install latest Courier on both instances

----test—-

8 Create new document type as subtype of (created by started kit) umbTextPage and add to it new textstring property type.

9 Allow creating new document type on "home"

10 Change document type of document (created by started kit) "About", to new created content type.

11 Reload and publish "About" document

12 Right click on "About" document and courier it to second umbraco instance.

13 Go to second umbraco instance and open couriered "About" document

----failure—-

14 You can see that document type isn't set (drop down is empty) but template is as expected.

----correct scenario--

14 You can see that document type and template was updated.

(copied and modified from http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/COU-129)

Please let me know if this scenario is clear.

thanks, Adrian

Apr 01, 2015 @ 01:47
    Paul Sterling

@Aidrian

Crystal clear, thanks!  This is what was missing before:

-- Change document type of document (created by started kit) “About”, to new created content type.

And thanks for logging.  I'll see what we can do to accomodate this "new" feature.

• Dhiren 59 posts 201 karma points
    Apr 15, 2015 @ 14:03
    Dhiren

Hi,

I am facing issue in updating document type or datatype.

Courier version: 2.11 
    Umbraco version: 7.1.4

Scenario 1:
    I tried to create one new datatype using TextArea. Then we added it into one of our document type and added content for it. Now, when I try to deploy that content using Courier, it is not showing newly created datatype in extraction package, and hence not deploying it on destination server also. (I tried to deploy using 'selected item and its all dependencies')

Scenario 2:
    Same way, i tried to create new property in my existing documenttype and updated content for it. When i tried to deploy it on destination server, same thing happened as above. New property is not getting deployed on that server.

Can you please let us know if any additional settings to be done for datatype?

I also noticed that i have one App_Data\umbraco.licensing.log.txt which is having below text:

Could not validate license: Your license has been approved for the following IPs/Domains: - This license is not associated with any ips or domains at allCould not validate license:

If this could be license related issue, then i should not be able to update content on my destination server which is not the case.

Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

Thanks, 
    Dhiren

Apr 16, 2015 @ 00:32
    Paul Sterling

@Dhiren -

It *is* a licensing issue it seems.  Unless you are using http://localhost courier will not allow you to deploy without a valid license.  If you do indeed have a valid license can you have a look at the courier trace log to see what, if any, the issues logged are?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft