Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martin Griffiths 826 posts 1269 karma points c-trib
    Feb 15, 2013 @ 10:21
    Martin Griffiths

Courier not transferring unpublished nodes what is the courier.config override?

This one is for Per...

I've been testing the latest nightly (62) on our small test build (v 4.11.4).

Since I spoke with you regarding media items not transferring correctly in the TinyMCE, the problem appears to now be fixed. The issue of media items not appearing correctly in their original folder structures also appears to be fixed. At first I used the out of the box courier.config and that seemed to completely ignore media items in the tinyMCE until I reverted back to my version, so I can send you my version for comparison if you like? As this should be deployed in the package.

My latest issues are with transferring unpublished nodes....In the latest build they dont transfer.

I've just read that this is not a default and that you can override this in the courier.config, what is the entry?. I cannot see anything obvious in the config file. Also will publish at be preserverd?

Please let me know ASAP.

Kind regards

Martin

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Feb 15, 2013 @ 11:10
    Per Ploug

Hi Martin

I havnt tested that specific nightly for non-published content transfer, but its important to notice that nightly builds are just that, builds that are automaticly created and comes with no testing or guarantees. 

Everytime there has been larger progress made, I run it through my test setups and release it here for additional testing. 

The specific setting that you are looking for is described here: 
    https://github.com/umbraco/Courier/blob/master/Documentation/Architecture/Configuration.md

But again, I'm pretty sure this is more a bug then a change in the default config value. 

Feb 15, 2013 @ 13:15
    Martin Griffiths

Hi Per

I'm a little confused, are you saying the transfer of unpublished content has been turned off due to a bug?

Does this mean if I change the courier.config to turn it back on, I may get unexpected behaviour? Should I turn it back on, or do I need to wait for a fix?

Is there somewhere you are regularly posting what's changed/fixed in Courier as I'm not seeing any updates in the changes.txt files on the nightlies. It's really hard to tell what's going on? This is why I use the nightlies in the hope that things get fixed as official releases are so infrequent. Also it's been quite difficult to tell on http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/umbraco-courier-2 what is an official release because you're including downloads with nightly build numbers rather than with major/minor version numbering.

Martin

Feb 26, 2013 @ 13:54
    Martin Griffiths

Hi Per

Whats the latest on this issue?

Has it been fixed?

Martin

• Jeremy Pyne 106 posts 246 karma points MVP c-trib
    Apr 23, 2013 @ 16:18
    Jeremy Pyne

Yes.  Same problem.  Would really like a response or workaround for this.  Our clients currently have to go log into PRODUCTION to deleate pages witch is a big nono in our workflow!

Apr 25, 2013 @ 09:04
    Per Ploug

It should work with the updates in 2.7.5.1+ but appears there can be issues with this, so investigating and hopefully pushing out a patch today

Apr 25, 2013 @ 11:40
    Per Ploug

Just tried doing this, one more time. 

So on a default install, I create a node, save it, but do not publish it. -> courier ignores it
    I then publish it -> Courier includes it.
    I then unpublish it -> courier does not include it, because it is set to ignore unpublished nodes

Thats the intended behaivior with "ignore unpublished" set to true

If I then switch the configuration to false,
    it will include the node,even if its unpublished, and will end up as an unpublished node on the target site

The one marked in bold above is the problem child, but I've added an additonal check, so if courier doesnt find a published version, and its set to ignore unpublishhed, it will do a quick look-up to see if the node has been published previously, if it has, courier will include it and thereby unpublish any matching nodes on the target server

build will be out later today with this patch

Apr 25, 2013 @ 11:43
    Martin Griffiths

Hi Per

Thats sounds great, but from memory I dont think it included "PublishAt", which can be critical for unpublished nodes that you want to appear at a specific time and date. Can you test that too?

Many thanks

Martin

Apr 25, 2013 @ 13:59
    Per Ploug

Hi Martin

Just checked, both publish at, and remove at are included in deployments

/per

• Jeremy Pyne 106 posts 246 karma points MVP c-trib
    Apr 25, 2013 @ 15:25
    Jeremy Pyne

Ah, i didn't see the Ignore unpublished content setting.  betting that will fix it for me.

• Jan Vanuytrecht 32 posts 80 karma points
    May 28, 2014 @ 13:16
    Jan Vanuytrecht

Hi,

Sorry if I'm asking a obvious question,

but I don't see the unpublished content setting in the documentation provided above, nor can I find it in the courier.config file (I also tried to look it up in the Courier contrib project).

Can anyone point me to the setting please? Or has it been removed lately?

I'm using Umbraco v 7.0.4 and Courier 2.7.9v7

• Maneesh 13 posts 33 karma points
    Jun 01, 2015 @ 06:56
    Maneesh

Hi All,

I have the problem with umbraco courier.Whenever i transfer any media file like pdf,doc,xls(except image files .gif,.png,.jpeg) from staging to live(destination environment), it doesnot transferring the media files.That means, the content nodes are getting transferred, but the files like pdf,doc,xls included with in that page is not getting transferred.

But there is not having an issue with image files as I mentioned above.

The umbraco version Using is : 4.0.2.1

The courier vesion using is : 1.3

Could anyone please suggest an idea about why this is happening?

Also, please suggest the solution for fixing the same.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft