Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Eric Gagne 1 post 21 karma points
    Oct 05, 2012 @ 21:15
    Eric Gagne

Courier unable to deploy large number of nodes

Hi,

Let me start by saying that this is my first post here on the forum and also my first project with Umbraco. So far I'm impresionned with Umbraco and its potential but since last week we have a weird issue with Courier. 

When we try to deploy a large number of items (content, media, document types, templates, etc..) from our development environment to our staging environment, since last week, Courier crash or stop processing.

Right now, we have about 500 nodes we're trying to deploy (around 75 pages with childrens). When I try to deploy more than 20 nodes at the same time, it doesn't work anymore. It always ends up in 2 ways:

1- When packaging, I receive the following error message:

error:Umbraco.Courier.Core.Exceptions.PackageException: Unable to load item with id '3de93d86-aefb-4d23-80e3-c45215a65c25' from provider 'Documents' ---> Umbraco.Courier.Core.Exceptions.RetrieveException: Error retrieving item [3de93d86-aefb-4d23-80e3-c45215a65c25] from provider [d8e6ad83-e73a-11df-9492-0800200c9a66]. ---> NHibernate.AssertionFailure: collection was processed twice by flush() at NHibernate.Engine.Collections.PrepareCollectionForUpdate(IPersistentCollection collection, CollectionEntry entry, EntityMode entityMode, ISessionFactoryImplementor factory) at NHibernate.Engine.Collections.ProcessDereferencedCollection(IPersistentCollection coll, ISessionImplementor session) at NHibernate.Event.Default.AbstractFlushingEventListener.FlushCollections(IEventSource session) at NHibernate.Event.Default.AbstractFlushingEventListener.FlushEverythingToExecutions(FlushEvent event) at NHibernate.Event.Default.DefaultAutoFlushEventListener.OnAutoFlush(AutoFlushEvent event) at NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl.AutoFlushIfRequired(ISet`1 querySpaces) at NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl.List(CriteriaImpl criteria, IList results) at NHibernate.Impl.CriteriaImpl.List(IList results) at NHibernate.Impl.CriteriaImpl.List[T]() at Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.V4.NHibernate.Helpers.DocumentHelper.GetContentType(Int32 id, ISession session) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\c618dc424736d718\Core\Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.NHibernate\Helpers\DocumentHelper.cs:line 182 at Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.V4.NHibernate.Persisters.DocumentItem.RetrieveItem[T](ItemIdentifier itemId) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\c618dc424736d718\Core\Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.NHibernate\Persisters\Document.cs:line 114 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ItemCrudProvider.RetrieveItem[T](ItemIdentifier itemId) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ItemCrudProvider.RetrieveItem[T](ItemIdentifier itemId) at Umbraco.Courier.ItemProviders.DocumentItemProvider.HandlePack(ItemIdentifier id) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\c618dc424736d718\Core\Umbraco.Courier.Providers\ItemProviders\ContentItemProvider.cs:line 79 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ItemProvider.Package(ItemIdentifier id) at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.Local.Package(ItemIdentifier itemId) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\c618dc424736d718\Contrib\Providers\Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders\Local\Local.cs:line 232 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.ƒ(ItemIdentifier itemId, ItemProvider provider, QueuedItemIdentifier itemInQueue) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.ƒ(ItemIdentifier itemId, ItemProvider provider, QueuedItemIdentifier itemInQueue) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.˜() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.Package() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Tasks.PackagingTask.Run() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.(IRevisionTask value) 2012-10-05 15:10:18

2- When packaging, the progressbar disappears. I waited more than 20 minutes and it didn't come back, had to close the modal window and re-launch the deployment.

Like I said, this is our first experience with Umbraco and Courier so right now we don't know if the issue comes from the fact we're using the express version of Courier or simply because we're using Umbraco in a wrong way or if we have a bad configuration.

I hope someone will be able to help us, here is some informations about our setup:

Umbraco version: v4.9.0 (Assembly version: 1.0.4633.18696)

Courier Express : v2.7.1

• Ed Bishop 53 posts 203 karma points
    May 19, 2014 @ 14:08
    Ed Bishop

I get this issue as well in version 6.1.6 with the latest version of courier pro. 

Any news from the core team?

Cheers,

Ed

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft