Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Neil Tootell 73 posts 118 karma points
    Apr 18, 2012 @ 17:37
    Neil Tootell

Media picker not transferring files - Courier 2.5.4.1 on u4.7.1.1

Hi all,

I have Courier installed on two machines, and everything works properly apart from the standard media picker for images.

When I right-click deploy, the list of files contained in the deployment registers any images that are inside the TinyMCE editor, but not ones that have been chosen using the MediaPicker datatype.

I've checked that the GUID of the mediapicker datatype is specified correctly in the courier.config file - I'm assuming case doesn't matter - so it should work?

<mediaPickers>
    <add key="mediaPicker">ead69342-f06d-4253-83ac-28000225583b</add>
    <add key="damp2">ef94c406-9e83-4058-a780-0375624ba7ca</add>
    <add key="Ucomponents-MNTP-CSV">c2d6894b-e788-4425-bcf2-308568e3d38b</add>
    </mediaPickers>

The two things I've changed over the standard umbraco install is the addition of an altText field for images specified in their media type definition in settings tab, and I changed the default name of the datatype from "Media Picker" to "Media Picker - Image", the GUID is the same.

Have I missed something? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Neil

• Martin Griffiths 826 posts 1269 karma points c-trib
    Dec 05, 2012 @ 17:25
    Martin Griffiths

Hi Neil

Hows it going? Martin from LCP here!

I'm having exactly the same problem on courier 2.7.3.x.x.x I dont suppose you found a solution to the problem? So frustrating and getting naff all back from the community.

Kind regards

Martin.

• Martin Griffiths 826 posts 1269 karma points c-trib
    Dec 05, 2012 @ 17:31
    Martin Griffiths

One thing to note Neil

I added the mediaPicker to the "locallinks" section of the courier.config and the files transfer to the media section, but unfortunately no entries get added into the umbraco database, so you get nothing in the backoffice! Doh!

This stuff should just work!

Martin.

• Maneesh 13 posts 33 karma points
    Jun 01, 2015 @ 06:55
    Maneesh

Hi All,

I have the problem with umbraco courier.Whenever i transfer any media file like pdf,doc,xls(except image files .gif,.png,.jpeg) from staging to live(destination environment), it doesnot transferring the media files.That means, the content nodes are getting transferred, but the files like pdf,doc,xls included with in that page is not getting transferred.

But there is not having an issue with image files as I mentioned above.

The umbraco version Using is : 4.0.2.1

The courier vesion using is : 1.3

Could anyone please suggest an idea about why this is happening?

Also, please suggest the solution for fixing the same.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft