Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nikolas van Etten 202 posts 162 karma points
    Jan 15, 2012 @ 22:27
    Nikolas van Etten

Courier 2.5.1 - what's needed to make it work properly?

I just purchased and installed Courier 2 for a client where we'll have one dev installation and one live installation.

The dev installation contains:

• >1000 nodes
    • >1000 media items (mostly images)
    • ~15 doc types
    • ~15 templates
    • ~10 packages

Among the packages is TeaCommerce and CMSImport Pro which both creates new tables in the db.

Anyway...after installing Courier 2 on both installations, I've tried to right click the top node under Content and click Courier and deploying the whole site to the live installation. It then starts packaging and spends an hour or so where the progress bar seems to indicate stuff going on before the window blanks out and nothing more happens. The live site seems to be unaffected indicating that it stopped before finalizing (but no error was given).

I also tried going the other way around by going to the Courier section, right click revisions then creating a new package, selecting the option package all and clicking create. As with the other option it seems as things start working before something goes wrong it stops. This time an error was given, but I did not save it unfortunately.

I assume that either the number of nodes stops things from working or I need to take into account some of the packages. Hoping anyone would be kind enough to lead me in the right direction as I really need to get the site up and running! ;)

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jan 16, 2012 @ 14:17
    Per Ploug

http://nightly.umbraco.org/UmbracoCourier/2.5.3/ 2.5.3 is out, which has been uptimized for larger package-sets so should work better with your setup

Especcially with sites that has a lot of cross references between pages can be slow to package, and problems with listing the revision data in the browser afterwards because it overflows the limit for how much data we can pull in one request

/per

Jan 16, 2012 @ 22:05
    Nikolas van Etten

Just tried 2.5.3 and it does not solve my problems unfortunately. No error when doing it through the Content section (but it stops at some point) while in the Courier section the following error is given:

Umbraco.Courier.Core.Exceptions.PackageException: Unable to load item with id '' from provider 'Documents' ---> Umbraco.Courier.Core.Exceptions.RetrieveException: Error retrieving item [] from provider [d8e6ad83-e73a-11df-9492-0800200c9a66]. ---> System.FormatException: Unrecognized Guid format. at System.Guid.GuidResult.SetFailure(ParseFailureKind failure, String failureMessageID, Object failureMessageFormatArgument, String failureArgumentName, Exception innerException) at System.Guid.TryParseGuid(String g, GuidStyles flags, GuidResult& result) at System.Guid..ctor(String g) at Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.V4.NHibernate.Persisters.DocumentItem.RetrieveItem[T](ItemIdentifier itemId) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\3484142eca7e14a2\Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.NHibernate\Persisters\Document.cs:line 70 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ItemCrudProvider.RetrieveItem[T](ItemIdentifier itemId) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ItemCrudProvider.RetrieveItem[T](ItemIdentifier itemId) at Umbraco.Courier.ItemProviders.DocumentItemProvider.HandlePack(ItemIdentifier id) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\3484142eca7e14a2\Umbraco.Courier.Providers\ItemProviders\ContentItemProvider.cs:line 79 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ItemProvider.Package(ItemIdentifier id) at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.Local.Package(ItemIdentifier itemId) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\3484142eca7e14a2\Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders\Local\Local.cs:line 225 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.‡(ItemIdentifier itemId, ItemProvider provider, QueuedItemIdentifier itemInQueue) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.‡(ItemIdentifier itemId, ItemProvider provider, QueuedItemIdentifier itemInQueue) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.†() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.Package() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Tasks.PackagingTask.Run() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.(IRevisionTask value) 16.01.2012 21:54:03
    Jan 19, 2012 @ 21:03
    Nikolas van Etten

Anyone? Not sure if the correct support channel for paid products is the forum, but I assumed it's of everyones interest to have any kind of support questions posted here.

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jan 20, 2012 @ 13:45
    Per Ploug

Hi Nikolas

Could you check your umbracoNode database table? It seems that some of your content nodes does not have a Guid, which is quite strange

umbracoNode table has a uniqueID coloumn, could you check if there are any items missing a value there

/per

Jan 20, 2012 @ 16:07
    Nikolas van Etten

Hi Per,

Thanks for your reply! All records in that table have a guid in the uniqueID column.

It would not come as a surprise if there's something wrong with the db as the development have been ongoing for quite some time and I've done quite a bit of changes, but for what its worth there are not records with missing guid in the umbracoNode table.

If I were to clean up the db what would be the best way?

Nik 

• Sébastien Richer 194 posts 430 karma points
    Apr 13, 2012 @ 23:04
    Sébastien Richer

I have the same issue. This Courrier won't be very helpfull if this keeps occuring...

EDIT: My Courrier installed version was not up to date. It seams that the latest version of Courrier has these issues resolved. I'm still going through my "courriered update" and everything seams to be in place and no errors were reported in the process. Thanks Per!

EDIT: See http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/courier/26028-Courier-Error-on-Datatype

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft