Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jonny Irwin 91 posts 153 karma points
    Nov 17, 2011 @ 17:51
    Jonny Irwin

Courier 2.5 unable to deploy datatypes that could be deployed by Courier 2.1.1

I have tried upgrading to Courier 2.5 as using Courier 2.1.1, I had trouble deploying uComponents MNTP's.  I am now trying 2.5 but have discovered that I am uable to deploy some datatypes that I previously could.  Specifically the Embedd Content datatype: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/embedded-content.  This worked fine with 2.1.1

I now get:

Umbraco.Courier.Core.Exceptions.PackageException: Unable to load item with id 'd66a9dd5-5a3e-42f8-873f-ee5f95c6af99' from provider 'Datatypes' ---> Umbraco.Courier.Core.Exceptions.RetrieveException: Error retrieving item [d66a9dd5-5a3e-42f8-873f-ee5f95c6af99] from provider [e0472592-e73b-11df-9492-0800200c9a66]. ---> System.Exception: Could not load assembly for datatype Homepage Widget Links with dataEditorId 454545ab-1234-4321-abcd-1234567890ab ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at System.Object.GetType() at Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.V4.NHibernate.Persisters.DataTypeItem.RetrieveItem[T](ItemIdentifier itemId) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.V4.NHibernate.Persisters.DataTypeItem.RetrieveItem[T](ItemIdentifier itemId) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ItemCrudProvider.RetrieveItem[T](ItemIdentifier itemId) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ItemCrudProvider.RetrieveItem[T](ItemIdentifier itemId) at Umbraco.Courier.ItemProviders.DataTypeProvider.HandlePack(ItemIdentifier id) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ItemProvider.Package(ItemIdentifier id) at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.Local.Package(ItemIdentifier itemId) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.‡[1](ItemIdentifier itemId, ItemProvider provider, ItemType itemType) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.‡[1](ItemIdentifier itemId, ItemProvider provider, ItemType itemType) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.†[1]() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.Package() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.[1](IRevisionTask value) 17/11/2011 16:35:29

Incidentally (and not to take away from my main issue), I have found other issues while trying to find a resolution to this:

• If I check "Select All" in Datatypes & then remove the datatype I know won't transfer before transferring, I still get the exception above.
    • If I don't check "Select All" and manually select all the datatypes I want, it will create the revision just fine.
    • If I click on the "Change Contents" link, it doesn't show items that are already in the revision, but If I manually select the datatypes again - leaving  the "Added + Dependencies" option, when I package selected, it does not package the dependencies & on occasions doesn't even package all the datatypes that are selected.
    • If the package is empty because it hasn't packaged anything the first time, I tried to then add items to the revision using the "Change Contents" link.  This then throws an exception because the manifest.xml file doesnt exist.

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Nov 17, 2011 @ 20:46
    Per Ploug

From the error message, it seems like courie cannot load the DLL that the embedded data type uses, as Courier needs some information from the datatype interfaces, it needs to load it's type from the assembly that is behind the datatype, this seems to fail.

The sub-issues you mention, are most likely related to the issues with this assembly loading, as it would cause errors while packaging the datatypes and unexpectedly quite the packaging.

/Per

Nov 18, 2011 @ 09:52
    Jonny Irwin

Thanks Per - though the DLL is present so I'm not sure why it wouldn't be able to load it.

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Nov 18, 2011 @ 10:29
    Per Ploug

Hi Johnny

This thread has the same issue with Embedded Content, so posting updates there: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/courier/26028-Courier-Error-on-Datatype

The issue is with Embedded Contents DLL, it internally depends on HttpContext, so the loading of data from it fails in the background thread, have a fix in place to avoid these things, will do a build of the dll later today, and merge it into the followup release schedueled for next week

/per

Nov 18, 2011 @ 10:31
    Jonny Irwin

Excellent Per!  Thanks very much!

• Ed Bishop 53 posts 203 karma points
    Dec 01, 2011 @ 09:00
    Ed Bishop

Hi Per,

Did you get this fix into the nightly build as I am using 2.5.1.71 build and it still fails on loading the embedded content dll?

Cheers,

Ed

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft