Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Keith Petersen 67 posts 111 karma points
    Aug 16, 2011 @ 18:44
    Keith Petersen

Value cannot be null exception in Courier 2.1.1

Using Courier 2.1.1 and Umbraco 4.7.0 I'm unable to transfer content from an existing production site to a new test site. When I right click on the site root, select Courier, select Deploy (with all children) it shows the deploying animation, and then I get this error:

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: The string which needs to be encrypted can not be null.
    at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Helpers.Encryption.Encrypt(String originalString)
    at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.getloginAndPass(Int32 userId, String& login, String& pass) in d:\TeamCity6\buildAgent\work\10d13058beb058ea\Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders\WebserviceProvider\CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.cs:line 140
    at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.TransferResources(ResourceTransfer[] resources) in d:\TeamCity6\buildAgent\work\10d13058beb058ea\Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders\WebserviceProvider\CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.cs:line 279
    at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ExtractionManager.ExtractItemResources(Item item, ResourceExtractionOrder order)
    at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ExtractionManager.ExtractResources(ResourceExtractionOrder order)
    at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Dialogs.CommitItem.TransferAndExtractOnSelectedRepo(String repo)
    at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Dialogs.CommitItem.oneSteptransfer(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

I also get the error when I click on the location node under the Courier section. I haven't changed anything from the default in the courier.config and my user id has rights to the repository. I wonder if it's because we use Active Directory for authorization? I'm an AD user, so I have an empty string in the userPassword column of the umbracoUser table. This didn't cause a problem with Courier 1.3, but I know version 2 is quite different. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

• Donald St. Martin 83 posts 128 karma points
    Aug 17, 2011 @ 18:35
    Donald St. Martin

I just had the same issue.  I installed Courier with my AD account that had "1" as the userID.  I made sure my source and target installs both has "0" in the <user> field in courier.config.  Since I have access to the "super-admin" account, this worked for me.

--
    Donald 

• Keith Petersen 67 posts 111 karma points
    Aug 17, 2011 @ 23:51
    Keith Petersen

Thanks, that works for now. I think this should still be fixed since it used to work with AD accounts.

• Donald St. Martin 83 posts 128 karma points
    Aug 18, 2011 @ 00:01
    Donald St. Martin

Your welcome.  

I agree - I was in a time crunch so I wasn't able to invest a lot of time into it to get it working with my AD accounts.  I am hoping there is a simple fix.

• misugi 1 post 71 karma points
    Dec 01, 2015 @ 05:58
    misugi

Hi all,

I also get the same error with Umbraco version 7.2.8 and Courier 2.51.3 (trial version) on my local. I installed Courier with my AD account that had "0" as the userID. When I right click on the node, select Courier, select Continue then I get this error:

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: compareRepository

at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Tasks.PackagingTask..ctor(ExecutionContext ctx, Repository source, Repository destination, Repository compareRepository, String revisionAlias) at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Dialogs.CommitItem.RenderSummary(String target)
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

I also try to change courier.config to:

<repositories>
        <repository name="Sample" alias="sample" type="CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider" visible="true">
            <user>0</user>
        </repository>
    </repositories>

But I get another error:

System.Net.WebException: The network path was not found.

System.IO.IOException: The network path was not found. at System.IO._Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY
    ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.Net.FileWebStream..ctor(FileWebRequest request, String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare sharing) at System.Net.FileWebRequest.GetRequestStreamCallback(Object state)

Any one knows the cause of this error?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft