Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris Mahoney 235 posts 447 karma points
    Jul 07, 2011 @ 05:28
    Chris Mahoney

Courier copying unrelated media files

Hi,

I'm running Umbraco 4.7 on Win 2003. I've just installed Courier 2.1 on two servers and I'm having problems. Whenever I try to transfer a single media item (using the right-click menu), Courier tries to pull several other unrelated files.

For example, I can go into Media, select a single PDF, and choose to deploy it to the other server. Courier then grabs 281 other media items that have no obvious relation to my selected PDF. It then tries to transfer all of these files, totalling hundreds of MB, before hitting the default 120 second timeout.

This seems to happen regardless of which file I choose to transfer. I've also run into the same issue when trying to transfer content pages but thought that maybe fixing it under Media would be a better first step.

I didn't create the original Umbraco site. Is there possibly some way to link multiple media items together? If so, how can you view these links and get rid of them? If that's not the issue, then what else could I try?

Thanks,
    Chris

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jul 11, 2011 @ 10:15
    Per Ploug

Hi Chirs

I think your issues comes from Courier mixing things up a bit. 

Basicly waht happens is that when you pick a media item, it adds it's containing folder as a dependency, which is fine

but, it also adds all the items in that folder, because if the folder was added as a dependency to a content picker, that would make sense.

Anyways, it can be turned off in the /config/courier.config file

setting includeChildren to false:

<mediaItemProvider>
                <includeChildren>false</includeChildren>
    </mediaItemProvider>
  • Chris Mahoney 235 posts 447 karma points
    Jul 11, 2011 @ 22:53
    Chris Mahoney

That fixed it. Thanks so much! :)

• Mark Bowser 273 posts 860 karma points c-trib
    Mar 05, 2014 @ 23:22
    Mark Bowser

I'm experiencing this issue with Umbraco 6.1.6 and a courier version claiming to be "Umbraco Courier for Umbraco 6". Can't seem to find the version number anywhere. Knowing how to determine that would help me out as well.

I click "Selected items only", but that seems to have no effect.

My courier.config file already has this:

<mediaItemProvider>
          <!-- Changed to false in 2.1.1 -->
          <includeChildren>false</includeChildren>
          <includeParents>false</includeParents>
        </mediaItemProvider>

Any other clues?

Thanks

• Maneesh 13 posts 33 karma points
    Jun 01, 2015 @ 06:57
    Maneesh

Hi All,

I have the problem with umbraco courier.Whenever i transfer any media file like pdf,doc,xls(except image files .gif,.png,.jpeg) from staging to live(destination environment), it doesnot transferring the media files.That means, the content nodes are getting transferred, but the files like pdf,doc,xls included with in that page is not getting transferred.

But there is not having an issue with image files as I mentioned above.

The umbraco version Using is : 4.0.2.1

The courier vesion using is : 1.3

Could anyone please suggest an idea about why this is happening?

Also, please suggest the solution for fixing the same.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft