Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris Mahoney 233 posts 445 karma points
    Mar 07, 2011 @ 22:16
    Chris Mahoney

Courier transferring existing media?

Hi,

We've been having an intermittent problem with Courier for a while but I think I've managed to narrow down the cause.

Most of our pages contain text and maybe a couple of images, and they transfer without any issues. But some pages contain links to many PDFs, sometimes totalling well over 50 MB. The issue is that Courier appears to transfer all of those PDFs every time, even if they already exist on the target server. We then get an error (maximum request length exceeded) because the combined total is well over the 32 MB that we've set up in Web.config.

Although increasing the limit does work in theory, we're running into timeouts etc because the connection to our live server isn't lightning fast. So, is it normal for Courier to transfer media that already exists on the target server? Is there a way to prevent this from happening? Alternatively, are there any workarounds that might help us?

Thanks,
    Chris

Umbraco 4.5.2
    Courier 1.3
    .Net 4
    Windows Server 2003
    IIS 6

• Maneesh 13 posts 33 karma points
    Jun 01, 2015 @ 06:59
    Maneesh

Hi All,

I have the problem with umbraco courier.Whenever i transfer any media file like pdf,doc,xls(except image files .gif,.png,.jpeg) from staging to live(destination environment), it doesnot transferring the media files.That means, the content nodes are getting transferred, but the files like pdf,doc,xls included with in that page is not getting transferred.

But there is not having an issue with image files as I mentioned above.

The umbraco version Using is : 4.0.2.1

The courier vesion using is : 1.3

Could anyone please suggest an idea about why this is happening?

Also, please suggest the solution for fixing the same.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft