Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Søren Mastrup 122 posts 563 karma points c-trib
    Feb 17, 2016 @ 07:58
    Søren Mastrup

Contour randomly stops sending emails

I am having an issue (on Umbraco 7.2.8) where Contour (3.0.23-Build.20) suddenly stops sending emails and the only way to start sending mails again, is to recycle the appPool.
    When the error occurs, and a form is submitted, the following gets logged:

2016-02-17 08:46:38,408 [6] INFO  umbraco.BusinessLogic.Log - [P19116/T1/D2] Redirected log call (please use Umbraco.Core.Logging.LogHelper instead of umbraco.BusinessLogic.Log) | Type: Error | User: 0 | NodeId: -1 | Comment: umbracoForms:System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Failure sending mail. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'xx'
       at System.Net.ServicePoint.GetConnection(PooledStream PooledStream, Object owner, Boolean async, IPAddress& address, Socket& abortSocket, Socket& abortSocket6)
       at System.Net.PooledStream.Activate(Object owningObject, Boolean async, GeneralAsyncDelegate asyncCallback)
       at System.Net.ConnectionPool.GetConnection(Object owningObject, GeneralAsyncDelegate asyncCallback, Int32 creationTimeout)
       at System.Net.Mail.SmtpConnection.GetConnection(ServicePoint servicePoint)
       at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Umbraco.Forms.Core.Providers.WorkflowTypes.SendEmail.Execute(Record record, RecordEventArgs e) in f:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\fd622d7f786e1305\Umbraco.Forms.Core.Providers\WorkflowTypes\SendEmail.cs:line 123
       at Umbraco.Forms.Core.Services.WorkflowService.ExecuteWorkflows(List`1 workflows, RecordEventArgs e) in f:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\fd622d7f786e1305\Umbraco.Forms.Core\Services\WorkflowService\WorkflowService.cs:line 148

I have set up a test template, where I am using library.SendMail and WebMail.Send. When loading the template, I only get an email from WebMail.Send.
    When loading the template, the following gets logged:

2016-02-17 08:51:41,252 [6] ERROR umbraco.library - [P19116/T1/D2] umbraco.library.SendMail: Error sending mail.
    System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Failure sending mail. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'xx'
       at System.Net.ServicePoint.GetConnection(PooledStream PooledStream, Object owner, Boolean async, IPAddress& address, Socket& abortSocket, Socket& abortSocket6)
       at System.Net.PooledStream.Activate(Object owningObject, Boolean async, GeneralAsyncDelegate asyncCallback)
       at System.Net.ConnectionPool.GetConnection(Object owningObject, GeneralAsyncDelegate asyncCallback, Int32 creationTimeout)
       at System.Net.Mail.SmtpConnection.GetConnection(ServicePoint servicePoint)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at umbraco.library.SendMail(String FromMail, String ToMail, String Subject, String Body, Boolean IsHtml)

I don't know where the remote name "xx" comes from. In my config I have defined:

<network host="smtp.hnext.lan" port="25" />

This host and port is also used, when I am testing with WebMail.Send.

Any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

• Inmedia 124 posts 176 karma points
    Apr 20, 2016 @ 13:51
    Inmedia

I am having the same problem with Contour on one of my clients website.... Suddenly Contour just stopped sending email with new entries, but they appear inside the Contour section of Umbraco....

Have you figured out how to solve this yet?

• Søren Mastrup 122 posts 563 karma points c-trib
    Apr 21, 2016 @ 06:46
    Søren Mastrup

Sadly, no!

Have you checked your logs to see if it is the same problem that I am experiencing?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft