Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Carl Bussema 38 posts 140 karma points
    Feb 15, 2016 @ 21:28
    Carl Bussema

Upgrade from 7.1.4 to 7.2.2; cannot render contour form

In production, I have U 7.1.4 and Contour 3.0.19, and everything works. I'm trying to do a relatively minor upgrade, just to U 7.2.2 since I don't want to jump all the way to 7.4 in one shot (don't trust it after all the problems in the 7.3.x line). On the home page, I have a Macro (should be a Partial View, but I tried that and it didn't change anything) which in turn calls

@Umbraco.RenderMacro("umbracoContour.RazorRenderForm", new {FormGuid = "6091e7e8-fc63-48e2-afe6-4bff99ae5300"})

and this just outputs

<Macro: (,)>

I tried changing the Guid to a wrong value, and it didn't alter the result. I tried changing the macro name to "asdf.RazorRenderForm" and it still didn't care. I tried changing the function call to RenderAsdf and that did correctly break it, showing that it's at least reading the file and processing the razor command.

I tried upgrading Contour to 3.0.28; no change. I really don't want to change to Umbraco Forms, because the last site I did that on took weeks of work to fix, and that's out of scope for now.

I even broke the MvcRenderContourForm.cshtml file with a syntax error, and it still didn't change anything, so it's not ever getting that far. I've already wasted about 3 hours on this; so tomorrow I'm going to just revert the whole project and try jumping to 7.4 because hey, it can't work any worse than this...

Feb 17, 2016 @ 16:33
    Carl Bussema

Even after upgrading to 7.4 and replacing Contour with Forms, I still just get

<Macro: (,)>

doesn't matter what parameters I use:

@Umbraco.RenderMacro("insertUmbracoForm", new { FormGuid = "82108125-e43e-4db8-a0c1-5f32ec629b40" })
    @Umbraco.RenderMacro("insertUmbracoMagic", new { FormGuid = "82108125-e43e-4db8-a0c1-5f32ec629b40" })
    @Umbraco.RenderMacro("crash", new { and = "burn" })

All produce the same result. Breakpoints on the insertUmbracoForm view never fire. The breakpoint on the .RenderMacro line DOES fire. If I try a different macro in the same place, it renders that macro correctly:

@Umbraco.RenderMacro("Footer")

Umbraco is a valid instance of the UmbracoHelper, it has a correct UmbracoInstance, which in turn has the correct PageId, for example, so I don't see that as the problem. It's just not even trying to render the macro.

Feb 17, 2016 @ 20:26
    Carl Bussema

Looks like manually creating the "insertUmbracoForm" macro fixed the trick, but now I have to deal with the massive style changes between Contour and Forms. (Well, technically, I get to punt that job to someone else, but they're not going to be happy about it.)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft