Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matt Ballington 8 posts 208 karma points
    Jan 20, 2016 @ 12:16
    Matt Ballington

Deploying Umbraco Forms to Azure

Hi,

I have been experiencing issues with Umbraco Forms when deploying the site to a Microsoft Azure instance. The process we are following is to publish the solution within Visual Studio, commit the changes via a git client and then push the files to the Azure deployment repository.

Any changes made to the forms on the live site are overwritten by the local version. If I exclude or ignore the form files within the git client then the forms do not work at all on live.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or know of any potential solutions to resolve this.

Thanks is advance, Matt

• Paul Seal 524 posts 2889 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Jan 21, 2016 @ 18:32
    Paul Seal

I always copy the live form files folder from live just before a deployment. Maybe you could try that.

Paul

• Matt Ballington 8 posts 208 karma points
    Jan 22, 2016 @ 11:40
    Matt Ballington

Unfortunately we do not have access to the files on the server and our only means of deployment is via a code push to the Azure repository so this would not work. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Matt

• Anton 28 posts 116 karma points
    Nov 23, 2016 @ 14:03
    Anton

If you are using MsDeploy to deliver - you can follow up this: https://colours.nl/publicatie/msdeploy-how-can-we-deploy-file-only-once-per-solution

If you are using continuos integration on web apps - it shall not touch content in App_Plugins

• Sumesh KP 34 posts 107 karma points c-trib
    Sep 20, 2019 @ 11:19
    Sumesh KP

I'm also Experiencing the same issue.

When ever I deploy the the Website to Production using Azure CI/CD the Umbraco Form file got overwritten and the form section shows the initial installation step and Already created Form also removed from the Form section.

Anyone has solution for this?

Thanks in advance Sumesh

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Sep 20, 2019 @ 12:36
    Kevin Jump

Hi

you can move forms to blob storage using a method similar to that for media.

its hidden the documentation (not sure how you actually navigate to this page) https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Add-ons/UmbracoForms/Developer/IFileSystem/

but this moves the forms folder, so things will stay between deployments,

only issue i've had is if you use perplex plugin it does store something in its own app_data folder. but you don't loose forms just structure

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft