Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Carl Bussema 38 posts 140 karma points
    Jan 18, 2016 @ 15:44
    Carl Bussema

Umbraco Forms: Custom view

Umbraco 7.3.4 with Forms 4.1.4

In Contour, it was possible to create a custom view for a single form, usually by taking the general form template, copying, and modifying it as needed. I've tried creating ~/Views/Partials/Forms/{guid}/Form.cshtml, but it doesn't get picked up, and just defaults back to ~/Views/Partials/Forms/Form.cshtml

So as a bad workaround, I've got conditional blocks all over that shared file checking to see if the FormID is the one I need, but I'm wondering if there's just some place else I need to be putting the file for it to work.

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jan 19, 2016 @ 10:50
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Carl,

The custom markup view for a specific form, is not available in the version of Umbraco Forms 4.1.4, but it will be back in the next version of Umbraco Forms 4.2.

If you need the option right now, what you can do then is using the lastet nightly build of Umbraco Forms version 4.2 which can be found here.

http://nightly.umbraco.org/?container=umbraco-forms-nightlies

You can install the package, but if you already have forms, then you should use the UmbracoForms.Files.4.2.0-WIP.Build.77.zip and the override the existing files

/Dennis

• Carl Bussema 38 posts 140 karma points
    Jan 19, 2016 @ 14:17
    Carl Bussema

Hm, OK. I'll just leave my hack in place for now then and wait for 4.2 stable to be released with a full changelog so we can test it. Thanks.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft