Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Luke 15 posts 85 karma points
    Dec 10, 2015 @ 06:35
    Luke

Umbraco Forms, how to re-use the ready front end design?

I am using Umbraco Forms to create forms. As of now, the front end pages (html+CSS+Js) have been ready, can I re-use these pages? Or, otherwise, I have to render the page from forms again, it is really a tedious work.

If I can re-use, how to connect the input elements sitting inside of forms to the real form elements? currently, my form was rendered like this .

How to replace the GUID into real name of input element?

Many thanks for your kind help.

• Rune Hem Strand 147 posts 911 karma points hq c-trib
    Dec 10, 2015 @ 06:46
    Rune Hem Strand

Hi Luke

Have you seen the videos for using Umbraco Forms? They're a good start to get Forms up and running.

All the best
    Rune

Dec 10, 2015 @ 06:54
    Luke

Thank you, I will do the same.

I watched long before. I will watch again to collect more information.

Dec 10, 2015 @ 07:10
    Luke

Hi Rune,

I just watched the video, and did some configuration, like mode = "form".

But, in my rendered form, it still shows input type="text" name="1d32a666-a89c-483a-a1e9-badd47fdb72f" id="1d32a666-a89c-483a-a1e9-badd47fdb72f" class="text input-validation-error" value="" maxlength="500" data-val="true" data-val-required="Input your company name" aria-required="true" aria-describedby="1d32a666-a89c-483a-a1e9-badd47fdb72f-error" aria-invalid="true"

Could you please tell me how to replace the value of name from GUID into real name?

Thanks.

Dec 10, 2015 @ 07:17
    Luke

Hi Rune,

One more question, my scenarios is like this: front-end colleagues have make html + css + js ready.

Is it possible for me to do like this: 1) define corresponding umbraco forms; 2) make slight change on the existing front end code, especially the name of input elements; 3) render the changed html (output of above step); 4) when customer submit, data will be kept in database directly.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Dec 10, 2015 @ 08:14
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Luke,

A just a side note, if you want to create custom markup for your forms, you need to use the Umbraco Forms version latest nigthly build.

You can find it here http://nightly.umbraco.org/?container=umbraco-forms-nightlies and you need to choose UmbracoForms.Package.4.2.0-WIP.Build.76.zip

If you have a ealier version of installed you can use UmbracoForms.Files.4.2.0-WIP.Build.76.zip to update Umbraco Forms

/Dennis

Dec 10, 2015 @ 12:41
    Luke

Thanks, Dennis.

I will try it tomorrow morning.

• Rune Hem Strand 147 posts 911 karma points hq c-trib
    Dec 10, 2015 @ 08:01
    Rune Hem Strand

It is possible to make custom markup with Forms but it is not the easiest process. I have found much easier to adapt CSS and JavaScript to fit the Forms structure. You can find docs on it here

The GUIDs is the way Forms keeps track of the data so don't see any advantage in getting rid of those ;) Names shouldn't interfere with your design anyway.

/rune

Dec 10, 2015 @ 12:45
    Luke

Hi Rune,

Thank you for your support.

I read this document early today, but have not got the hang of it. I will debug it tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft